Thursday, February 8, 2018

Sick Buddies

That was Jorja and me. It was not fun. I did manage to take Preston to his middle school orientation. He went there on a field trip yesterday. Preston's new school is being remodeled, so right now the school is being held where Crescent Middle School was. That is where I went to 8th and 9th grade. My dad taught seminary there for 15 or so years. I think the last time I was in this school was almost 22 years ago. I came there with my brother Mike to find Matt and John. We wanted to take them home because our mom had died that morning. As I sat listening to Preston's orientation, that day was all I could think about. It's weird how you are going along with your life just fine and then when you don't expect it the overwhelming ache and loss comes barreling toward you. I only cried a little bit. I whispered why I was sad to Jaime Staker. Her dad died a few years ago, so she understood. I miss my mom.

1 comment:

The Nielson Family said...

Steph, that is so hard! :( Even if that weren't the last time you were in the school, that memory will always come to mind. Love you!