Sunday, December 31, 2017

Springs at Midnight

It is kind of cool to look at the different stages of the lake. I can't get over how weird it feels to see this much flowing water. It sure is beautiful though!
We went to church in Thayne. I love being able to go to church in random places.
Jorja & Stockton
Look how blue the sky is!
 Maysen accidentally left her church clothes home, so she wore pants. I love church in Wyoming.
Maysen, Mike, Preston
Jorja took a few selfies on my phone. I caught her deleting them. I stopped her in time to save this one. Luckily I found the ones she texted to herself, so I will put those on the post tomorrow.
Jorja
This trip Mike became obsessed with making a zip line. He tried it out first. He fell on a ladder. He insisted it was safe. It wasn't. He told me, "That is why I tested it out first and not the kids." Oh. That makes everything better.
Mike's bruise
 Jorja decided to wear a helmet and coat after watching Mike. She did it though. Crazy kids.
 Preston wanted to try, but sanity prevailed.
 Jorja getting brave and going without protection.
Jorja
Our dinner was leftovers we are trying to get out of the fridge. Stockton had a bowl of meatballs.
Mike, Maysen, Stockton and Preston played Colt Express. Stockton was the marshal and won. They finished just in time for us to go sledding. Mike put flashlights on the sleds and they were so fun! We went down our hill a couple of times and then decided to go to the springs. We had six minutes before midnight. I hurried so fast! I got to the top of the springs right as it turned midnight. How fun to sled into the new year! Mike even let me take the first run down! I was going super fast and rounded a corner about halfway down. I saw a green sled upside down with a white coat buried beneath it. Jorja was way off into the powder. I didn't stop to help, I figured she would be fine. She was.
We went two more times before we headed back to the cabin. Maysen drove once so Mike and I could race. I won. He didn't know it was a race though. We broke three sleds tonight. The hills are fast, but they are starting to get really rocky. We need more snow!

Once we were at the cabin Mike and the kids went down in a train. Maysen really wanted to do that. Trains are so fast and quite scary! They loved it though.
Mike, Stockton, Jorja, Maysen, Preston
 Mike, Stockton, Jorja, Preston, Maysen
 Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Mike, Stockton
I think it was close to 1:00 am when we finally called it quits. Sledding into the new year? So much fun!!! Maysen had warmed up her bed and Preston slept with her tonight. He was quite cold. Jorja made everyone yummy hot chocolate and then stayed up late doing the dishes. She is anxious to get home tomorrow. Hailey is on her mind. Works for me! What a fun trip this has been. I love it here!

No comments: