Friday, December 1, 2017

Freshman Gingerbread

Jorja invited the freshman class officers over for a gingerbread party. I picked them up after school. I waited in the parking lot next to Stockton's jeep. Stockton came out first. He saw me sitting in the car and came over and talked to me. He had just finished his monologue in theater and it went really well. Then he started telling me a story about Bert and Ernie. I was laughing so hard. That kid cracks me up! Jorja and her friends wanted to take pictures first because Marshall couldn't stay long. I am not a good photographer. I'm thinking I should have made it so the sun wasn't in their eyes. Oh well.
Marshall, Brenton, Jorja, Carson, Bode in the tree house
 Marshall, Jorja, Brenton. Eliza, Carson, Bode
 Carson dabbing for some reason
 Everyone dabbing, Brenton is going the wrong direction
 I thought this was cute of Eliza
 Marshall, Brenton, Jorja, Eliza, Bode, Carson
 Brenton, Carson, Eliza, Marshall, Jorja, Bode
 Brenton, Carson, Eliza, Marshall, Jorja, Bode
 They wanted to make a pyramid. I laughed and laughed when Carson didn't want to get his knees dirty.
 Jorja,
Brenton, Eliza
Carson, Marshall, Bode
 Ninjas ~ Marshall, Brenton, Carson, Eliza, Jorja, Bode
 Now for the gingerbread. Brenton, Carson, Marshall, Bode, Jorja, Eliza
 Brenton, Marshall, Bode, Carson, Jorja, Eliza
 Eliza's hair & Jorja
 Carson
 Brenton
 Bode ~ love that concentration!
 Carson
 Eliza
 Brenton & Bode
 Brenton
 Brenton & Carson
 Mike gave Bode a tiny cup when he asked for water. Bode used it the rest of the night.
 Some random kids playing bigger or better.
 Bode with the mask we gave them.
 Jorja and the mask
 Bode while Carson says 'oats'. Don't know what that's all about . . . 
 Lovely picture of me, Stephanie, which I am forcing myself not to delete. I look very stern.
 Jorja & Bode
The kids were taking pictures of them flipping their hair. The boys did it too, but every one of the boys' pictures looks really weird. I decided not to put them on here. Unless Jorja asks me to later.
Eliza
 Jorja
 Eliza
 Carson
Eliza and Carson both had to leave for babysitting. Brenton and Bode stayed for awhile longer. Probably my favorite memory of the night is when Jorja started singing the Veggie Tales "God's Is Bigger than the Boogy Man" while Brenton and Bode rapped. I wish I had that on video, but that is not something that could be recreated. It was so funny though. Brenton is in our ward and Bode is in the Chinese program with Jorja, so these three have known each other since we moved here when Jorja was in second grade.
Brenton, Bode, Jorja (you can see Mike's SBO sweater hanging over a chair)
 Brenton
 Bode
I never took a picture of Jorja with her house for some reason. I'll have to do that eventually. Jorja and Bode spent a lot of time playing around with the guitar.
Bode & Jorja
 Jorja & Bode
Bode's mom, Destiny, came to pick up Bode and Brenton. Mike and I walked out to the car to say hi to her. We went to high school with her. Destiny was head cheerleader our senior year. The head cheerleaders also take the student government class, so Mike had that class with Destiny when we were seniors. She has always been super nice. I really like her.

That's it for the day. I was pretty exhausted when it was over. Jorja and I watched some Veronica Mars upstairs. I put on a Brian Regan Netflix special that we fell asleep to. Jorja slept on the couch upstairs, but I woke up and snuck off to my bed. Today was a pretty fun day.

No comments: