Sunday, November 5, 2017

Slackbot

I did not sleep well. At all. I went to bed at 10:00 last night and was up by 2:00. I could not get back to sleep. I was worried sick about Jorja. I have not been able to talk to her and I hate it. I FaceTimed Maysen around 3:00 in the morning. It was nice to talk to her. Mike was nice to put up with me. Jorja went to softball practice this morning. Mike finally texted Jorja and told her that I wouldn't go anywhere with him until I talked with her. That was true. I was not leaving the room until I talked with her. We were finally able to get ahold of her. It helped me feel better to talk with her live. She is hurting a lot right now. It also rained really hard all night long. It was very loud. In other news, look at these cool $4.00 chips we have in our hotel room.
Mike and I tried to find a church to go to today. All of them were really far away. Train, bus and lots of walking. We decided to rewatch some conference talks instead. That will have to do. Mike and I walked to check him into his convention today. It's not too bad of a walk from our hotel, so that's good. There was this cool looking swirl thing in the ground. Interesting.
The swirl thing is right in front of the International Convention Center where Mike will have his conference the next three days.
Mike
 It is right on Darling Harbor. I just turned around and snapped this one.
There was a cool Chinese Garden of Friendship we thought we would check out. Until we realized you had to pay for it. These two pictures of the outside will have to be good enough.
 Random bird
I love to collect beach towels from different places. One day I will have them embroidered with the date we were there on them. I think that would be so cool. When we checked Mike it, he received a beach towel. Even though it mostly says Openstack, I think it will work nicely.
Okay, the reason this post is called Slackbot is because my kids love it. Mostly my boys. I checked the app when we got WiFi access again and had something like 50 messages. Mike and I were laughing so hard while we were reading them. Jorja finally joined today. She was hilarious. Although her first comment was 'What Is this'. Haha! She came in the middle of a weird thread. Preston has programed the chat room to respond when you say things. Sometimes it's annoying, sometimes it is hilarious. Well, Stockton programed a lot of things too. It was awesome. All the kids were on there at the same time at one point. Even Maysen. I loved it. They make me laugh so hard. I'm thankful they got their dad's personality! Jorja did freak me out though when she sent a video Hailey took of her. She couldn't control her body. Like her arm was jerking everywhere. Hailey said it lasted for quite awhile. Her heart feels like it has a lot of pressure on it, her vision was going spotty and she was dizzy. I texted Brother Bingham to find out if I needed to bring her in. He said it was rare for someone her age to have a stroke or neurological problems, but that I should have her come in if her symptoms persist or if her vision got worse. Hopefully it was just a weird thing; but it was so weird. I don't like it.

My dad took Preston to Cornbellys with him and Max while Stockton went to a diving competition. All the information I could get from Preston was that it was 'good'. Stockton got first at the dive meet! In front of Gavin. That is amazing. But then they found they had made an error and he really got second. Except they couldn't figure out how they made the error, so they gave Stockton his score sheet to see if he could find the problem. They gave him 90 points on his 2 1/2. Haha! I love my boy.

Mike set up sling tv so I could watch BYU lose to Fresno State. It wouldn't work at first because it is blocking people in Australia. Of course Mike could find a way around it, so no worries there. He laughs at his cleverness. We are now going to watch something on his lap top that was blocked as well. Not blocked for long!

No comments: