Thursday, November 16, 2017

Career Fair

I have always been good at making it a priority to get my kids to bed at their bedtime. For the older kids their bedtime was 8:00 until high school. We were a little more relaxed with Jorja. Preston, on the other hand, is a whole new ballgame. It's ridiculous. I never get him to bed at a reasonable hour, even on school nights. Last night he was up until 10:00. Without me knowing he set an alarm on Alexia for 5:30 in the morning that said, "Wake up you lousy bum!" Well...Mike got that reminder this morning. Except Alexia changed bum to bomb. Luckily it was Thursday and Mike was on his way to the temple. I had to have a talk with Preston that he is not allowed to set any alarms unless he talks to me.
Today was the career fair at the high school. The kids in student government were each assigned a professional person they were supposed to shadow and introduce. Jorja was put with the TV reporter. Jorja also missed biology, the first class of the day, to have breakfast with all the professionals.
Jorja
It was so windy this morning. Stockton texted me asking me to bring his bowling shirt and put it in his locker. He was supposed to go down and get his picture taken, then they were going to photoshop him into the yearbook. When I went out to bring it to him, this is what I found.
Stockton went down to get his picture at the time he was told to go, only to find out they ended early and he was out of luck. I guess the preschoolers came early or something like that. I'm not sure how that effected everything, but it did. Rachel, Marie and Mina came over today. Rachel dropped Grace and Eve off at Matt's house to play with Anne. Marie and Mina did homeschool while they were here. Rachel helped me organize my kitchen. She went through every cupboard and we got rid of a ton of stuff. I wish my brain could organize things, it just can't. Rachel was awesome. Mike was thrilled. Rachel stayed until around 7:00 then she went back to Bountiful where she is staying for a few days. We are planning on having fun tomorrow.

I made Jorja take another picture when she came home from school. I think this new dress looks perfect with her sweater. Jorja had a great time with the career fair.
Jorja
Stockton was put in Aviation and Software Engineering. I think he really liked the computer one. Gavin came over after school to go to diving with Stockton. While he was here I asked him if he would be okay if Jorja sat by him during lunch on B days. He was more than happy to have her sit by him. It's funny, Gavin is one of Stockton's best friends. They have known each other for years and years and years. Diving buddies. Gavin is a sophomore at Alta, but he is only two months older than Jorja. He turned 15 in August, Jorja turned 15 in October. He seems so much older than 15. Probably because he has always been with Stockton.

The missionaries stopped by to see Jorja for a bit. They are the best. I then took Jorja to Evan's house so they could work on their Chinese. On the way there I told her that Gavin would love to have her sit by him during lunch. She said, "Can Stockton walk me to him? I can't walk in the lunchroom without feeling like I'm going to throw up." This is crazy how bad things got for Jorja so fast. Luckily Jorja and Stockton have their foods class right before lunch, so it will be easy for Stockton to take care of her. Gavin was super nice and sent her a message tonight. I'm hopeful this will work out.

No comments: