Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Busy Life

Stockton had to be at school early. He had an Academic Decathlon competition today. It was their first one and he had no idea what to expect. The frustrating thing though is today they are doing yearbook pictures. Stockton won't be there for the bowling picture. They were going to change it to after school so Stockton could make it, but then the basketball guys had practice. Stockton was a little annoyed about that. I took Jorja to school. She still has her black eye, but used a lot of makeup to cover it up. She is also getting her student government yearbook picture taken today. She was not thrilled with her black eye this morning. She was supposed to wear jeans, a grey shirt and her student government sweater. Jorja picked a grey shirt that had words on it. They made her turn her shirt backwards, so Jorja will be wearing her shirt backwards in the yearbook. Haha! That made me laugh. I'm sure she'll still look adorable. I went straight to the temple after dropping Jorja off. I was able to make it to the 8:00 session. I was quite happy with that.

Preston received his school reflections award today. They had the award ceremony for the kids that moved on yesterday. He thought it was so cool going into the ceremony knowing he was already chosen to move on. They announced the kids that moved on at the end. These two boys were both chosen for film.
Preston and Seven
As soon as Preston's name was announced we skipped out of there. I took Preston with me and we hustled to get Jorja. While I was at the ceremony I got a text from Stockton saying he wouldn't be back from Academic Decathlon before school was over. Then I got a text saying he needed to stay after for a NHS meeting. Jorja was supposed to be home right at 2:45 today to meet Damian. He is going to work with her on softball. I texted Damian and hurried and brought Jorja home. Damian ended up cancelling; but at least it wasn't us who didn't show up. I hate that. The missionaries did come over. Jorja wore Sister Hutchinson's jacket for awhile.
Jorja
Stockton had bowling as well today. He didn't get home for a long time. He told us about the crazy tests he had to take. They took tests all day long. The theme this year is Africa. He was laughing about the African music they were tested on. Stockton didn't feel prepared for this. For example, he was tested on African economics. That isn't something you can just randomly pick up; but at least he knows what to expect now. He had a great time at bowling though.

Jorja went to Sami's house today. She had dinner with them and stayed until Sami needed to go to soccer. I was at Javita's house when Jorja called for me to pick her up. I talked Jorja into going back to Javita's house with me. I finished up what I was doing with Javita while Jorja talked with Damian and a few other people. The missionaries also stopped by there. Haha! It was great. Javita had us come upstairs and pick up a box of Whitley's old clothes. Jorja loves Whitley's hand me downs. Whitley knows how much I despise shopping. The box was huge and heavy, but we managed. Jorja and I went through some of the clothes late tonight. Jorja has to dress up tomorrow at school. There was a dress in there that will be perfect.

No comments: