Monday, October 2, 2017

Orange Pen

Today was college day at the high school. Parents were invited, but not many came. I'm glad Stockton let me hang around with him. He was able to pick three schools to listen to. We went to BYU, Utah State and University of Utah. We did find out that the University of Utah has a video game program. It is under the Engineering and Entertainment major. That's cool!

Stockton stayed after school today to take another physics pretest. He scored 95% on it, but the computer didn't take any of his assignments away. The lady in the lab said if you score over 65% assignments are supposed to be taken off. He has to call the district tomorrow. When he was leaving from his physics test he saw a napkin on the car. It said, "U R DUM". Literally every word is spelled wrong on the note calling Stockton dumb. Nice. I'm annoyed because when I was leaving school from college day I noticed that napkin, but thought Stockton put it there for some unknown reason. I should have looked closer.
While Stockton was waiting for the testing center to open he heard a group of girls talking about Jorja. One of the girls said something like, "Her family is in my stake. When they were signing up for swimming Jorja's mom told the lady she liked the pen. She said, 'You don't need it? Can I have it?' " Stockton said he was so mad. He wanted to go up to them and said, "Seriously? Those are the skeletons in my family's closet?" This happened two or three years ago. I was talking to someone I knew from high school and mentioned I liked the pen. She told me I could keep it. I said, "You don't need it? I can have it?" Or something like that. Weird that someone would remember that conversation. Of all my awkward conversations that I worry about afterwords, that one didn't even register. The pen was orange by the way and I used it until the ink ran out.

Mike and I were asked to judge the homecoming pageant tonight. I was really worried about this. I didn't know what to expect. I didn't want to have to come up with witty comments. Mike was also asked to judge along with another girl that graduated about five years ago. The pageant ended up being really fun. We just needed to put our score on a paper. There were three girls and three boys. We judged on the catwalk, the lip sync, minute to win it games and questions. My favorite girl lip sync was this girl that did it to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song. She was so funny. My favorite boy lip sync was this kid that did his to I Just Can't Wait to be King. His answers were also the best to the questions. Anyway, it was pretty fun.

Jorja came to my bedroom tonight and asked if I could sleep with her in the guest room again. She cried and cried. She is so confused. Isaac wants to get back together. I was so frustrated. I told her not to do it. I told her he will break her heart in two weeks. Just be friends. Jorja didn't like hearing what I had to say. I wish he didn't have such a hold on her. It is driving me crazy. He is not mean to her at all, but I wish they would just be friends for several more years. Jorja actually has no idea if they are back together. It is going to be a long four years.

No comments: