Sunday, October 15, 2017

Bananas and Apples

Mike's dad stopped by this morning. We don't get to see him very often, so it was great having him come over. I woke up Jorja so she could see him. She went right back to bed after he left. Stockton and Preston were already up. Luckily he came before Stockton left to the Bishop's house this morning.

Today was our primary program. I talked Mike into helping me get Mr. Banana ready to teach today. We did this once before. I thought it would be a perfect day for this because after the program, they would need something fun like Mr. Banana. I was up on the stand before sacrament meeting with my class. Andi turned to me and started jumping and squealing and said, "Your husband brought Mr. Banana!" They were so excited. Dane and Kortney both went home after sacrament meeting, so I just had my original three in class today. I love this picture. I love how serious Natalie is with the wand and how Andi's face is lighting up.
Natalie & Stephanie
Alex & Andi
One time Mr. Banana said my name. The girls couldn't believe it. "How does Mr. Banana know your name?" I should have had Mike program their names into the lesson. They would have been shocked to pieces. I love the innocence of these kids. The rest of the day was spent with apples. Preston and I were having a contest to see who could get our apples chopped first.
Preston & Stephanie
Jorja wanted to make some apple dessert thing. I asked her to make this for me on Friday. I brought it to our apple party. She wanted to make it again, since we had so many apples. She made a few plates and dropped it off at Hailey, Evan and Isaac's house.
Jorja being a nut
Jorja didn't know if she should drop a plate off at Isaac's house because she thought it might be weird. She decided to do it anyway, because she would have done it if they had never even started liking each other. While she was at his door I was watching the the Dodgers/Cubs game on my app. Not watching like seeing the video, but just seeing what was happening. Like "swinging strike". Anyway, Jorja came back right as Turner did..... something. I knew it was a hit, but was waiting to find out what happened. Walk-off homerun! WOW! I was so excited. Jorja thought I was weird. I will probably always remember being on the side of the road in front of Isaac's house when that happened. Kind of annoying because I don't remember lots of things anymore, but I'm sure I'll remember that.

No comments: