Friday, September 1, 2017

The Highs and Lows

Jorja has been in high school for about a week and a half. In that amount of time, I have dealt with more drama from her than Maysen and Stockton have given me in their entire life. A lot of it has to do with the election, and a lot has to do with boys. First, the election. Voting was today. Jorja was nervous. They met after school to find out who made it to finals. Jorja made it. She was happy, but also terrified. Apparently there is a really popular friend group at her school. Every other candidate is part of that group except for Jorja. She was feeling a bit over her head. She doesn't give herself enough credit.

Jorja wanted to go to the away football game. It was being held at Taylorsville. She knew this was something she should go to, because she is still running for public relations. Most of her friends didn't want to go, but she was able to convince Isaac and Raina to go with her. This was super nice, because I don't think either of them are that into football and they really didn't want to go. They went for Jorja. Anyways, I guess at the game Jorja crashed. I think the stress of the elections and the lack of sleep caught up to her. I also don't think she ate anything at lunch or home, so a lack of food was involved there too. She just kind of zoned out and wasn't acting like herself. This made Raina feel bad, because Raina thought she had made Jorja mad by joking around with Isaac. This then made Isaac feel bad. When I picked the kids up from the game they were not themselves at all. Raina had gone home early and Jorja and Isaac seemed pretty sad. We dropped Isaac off and then Jorja cried to me in the car. She was worried she had messed things up with everybody. We talked for a long time before she went to bed. I could not sleep. Usually I have a hard time making it past 9:30, but today was different. I was alert and worried about Jorja. I kept praying for her, that Heavenly Father would watch over her tonight. Jorja came into my room around 1:00 in the morning and asked if she could talk with me. We talked and cried for a long time. I ended up convincing her to sleep in the guest bed with me. It is hard to like a boy so much this young. Isaac is a great kid and he is so nice to Jorja, it is just hard . . . for both of them . . .

No comments: