Sunday, September 10, 2017

My Dad's 74

Church was hard today. I thought everything would be fine and I had a fun lesson, but it was still hard. Granted for six months it was super easy with three sweet girls. I have one boy that just moved in. He is supposed to be in the class older than me, but he wants to come to my class. That's fine and all, but he talks about Minecraft non-stop. It is really hard to get him to pay attention to me. There is also another girl that just started coming. She has never been to church before, so by the time I get her she is done. I can't blame her. We have 1:00 church and I have her from 3:00-4:00. Anyways, I have had a rough time the last few weeks.

My dad's birthday is today. Mike made homemade lasagna yesterday. Stockton and Jorja made garlic monkey bread. I tried to get a picture of them working on it, but I couldn't get any good ones.
Jorja & Stockton
 Stockton & Jorja
 Happy 74th birthday Dad!
Cathy left cake for us to have today. She was up at Brittney's house because Ashley is in town. Anne saw the cake and begged Sam to make her one just like it. I applaud Sam's effort.
Dad's cake
 Anne's cake
Anne was super happy with it. Bubs told Jorja a story about being in Nauvoo with Dad on the last tour. Some guy came up to him and asked who his tour guide was. Bubs said, "Ron Millburn". The guy said, "Wow! He is a legend in the seminary circles. He wouldn't know who I was though." Or something like that. Later Bubs saw someone in their group that put a picture on Instagram with the guy. It was Hank Smith. Jorja LOVES Hank Smith. She loves listening to his talks and reading his books. I asked Dad if he knew who he was. He did not. So, Hank Smith was right. Sam said, "Jorja, I know who Hank Smith is and he knows who I am. I am his editor." W-O-W. Jorja was impressed.

Jorja Facetimed Evan for a long time tonight. They were working pretty hard on their Chinese. Their teacher said she didn't think anyone would be able to pass the AP Chinese test. Hopefully they can prove her wrong. Bubs said he finally had a non-native speaker pass the AP Spanish test. The first non-native speaker to pass any language test at Hunter High School. Yikes!

No comments: