Thursday, September 7, 2017

Jorja WON!

I took Stockton, Jorja and Hailey to the temple this morning. Mike was already there. He has been working Thursday mornings in the baptistry for over three years now. As the kids were getting their clothes a lady asked Stockton if he would do family names. Usually the kids get confirmed first, but this time they were baptized first. Once Stockton finished, he saw Darrell Back and talked to him for awhile. Stockton said it was the first time he really got to talk to him since he came back from his mission in July. Darrell was the mission president of a mission in Sydney Australia. Speaking of Sydney, Mike bought tickets for us to go there in November. He is speaking at a conference, so his ticket is paid for. I'm tagging along. The ticket was free with our Amazon points. Nicely done. Anyways, Stockton got distracted after talking to President Back. He went out to the foyer and waited for us. I was waiting in a different area with the girls. Stockton finished way before us, so I started asking around about him. I handed the lady his temple recommend when she told me where she was. The problem was, they still wouldn't let him back in. They said there was a problem with his recommend. The guy asked Stockton if he had ID so he could call his bishop. What? Stockton later asked me, "What could I have done in thirty minutes that makes me not worthy to enter the temple." Finally Mike confirmed the girls without Stockton. When they came out I held out my hand asking for his recommend back. I asked them why they wouldn't let Stockton in. The guy said the bar code wasn't working. I asked how he got in this morning. He said, "The guy in charge didn't care about the bar code. I've never seen a recommend like this one." I asked if my kids needed new recommends. They said no. Okay, what is wrong then. How will I know if they will be let into the temple. I'm not understanding. The guy finally said that he was new. Still. How frustrating. It was obvious he was just in the temple, his hair was wet for crying out loud. His recommend is signed and current. What reason would you have not to let him back in? Darrell asked Mike if they wouldn't let Stockton back in because of his sideburns. Ha! Mike said after we left the supervisor hurried over and apologized for taking so long. When the desk guy asked about it the supervisor said, "The code you were typing in is just a recommend number. All you do is look at the date and signature." Annoying. Plus, why didn't the guy that was helping the new guy know what to do?

Although this was annoying, it wasn't nearly as bad as when Mike and Christen got married. If I remember right, they were married in the San Diego Temple. After the wedding they took pictures around the temple grounds. Everyone else left to go to the wedding lunch. Including Christen's mom. She had Christen's temple recommend with her. The people at the temple wouldn't let Christen back in. She is in a full on beautiful wedding dress and they wouldn't let her in to be changed. This is way before everyone had cell phones. What they finally ended up doing is someone went and got all of Christen's stuff out of the nice bridal changing room and brought it to a small bathroom off of the foyer where she now had to change. It took so long to do this that Mike and Christen missed their wedding lunch. I remember we were leaving right as they arrived. Now that is annoying. Someone should have used common sense there.

Okay, back to today. I brought the kids home and they grabbed something to eat and changed. Jorja wasn't ready when Stockton wanted to leave so I sent him on ahead. I dropped Jorja and Hailey off. Jorja had Chinese class first. She still has my phone, so I found a few pictures again.
After Chinese was voting in advisory. AHHHHH!!!! Jorja took this picture in her advisory class. Stockton loves the Oregon Trail. This is Jorja's Link Crew leader. They come in and do activities once in awhile. His name is Weston Smith. Haha! One of Stockton's friends is the other Link Crew leader for Jorja's class. She was telling Stockton how funny Jorja is. She had asked the question, "What is one food you would never eat." She said Jorja quietly (in a really funny voice that I can't describe) kind of growled, "HUMANS!" Hahaha! Jorja denied that and said she had actually said "Meatballs". Oh man, Jorja's going to miss her advisory class.
Weston
The missionaries came over this afternoon. They wanted a corn dog. I was pacing because I was so nervous. Jorja would find out if she won in about thirty minutes. Stockton couldn't wait for her because he was going up to BYU for dryland practice. That was okay, because I was anxious to find out. I don't have a cell phone right now, so she couldn't let me know early. I got there right as school got out. I was hoping I would have a long wait. If she didn't win, I didn't want her to have to wait for me. I brought a book, but I couldn't read. I had my eyes glued to the door, trying to notice if people that were running had left. After about thirty minutes Jorja came out. She hopped in the car and said, "I made it!" Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! I am so happy for her! Bode didn't win, but he gets to be senator because he lost by the closest margin. Here are the new Freshman class officers:
Bode: senator, Jorja: public relations, Marshall: historian
Eliza: secretary, Carson: vice president, Brenton: president
This is the most amazing thing right here. It was only a few short years ago when Jorja was too shy to talk to anyone, and look at her now! Remember last week when she texted Mike, "I can't win against these people!" Well done Porge!

No comments: