Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Errands and Sadness

I spent most of the day running errands. Shannon called me and I talked to her for awhile. I also talked to Maysen for a bit, that was nice. I went to a baby shower for a lady in our ward. Jorja goes to her house every Tuesday to play with her kids. I'm glad I went. I almost didn't go, because I don't know this lady well. I decided I needed to interact with other people in my ward more, even though it makes me feel uncomfortable. Most of the time I was fine. It was anxious for some of it, but not the majority, so I call that a win.

I came home from the baby shower and everybody was super happy. I went downstairs and was getting Preston tucked in when Mike came down and let me know that Jorja was crying upstairs because Isaac was breaking up with her. I just looked at him and said, "Again?" Yep. That boy can't make up his mind. I came upstairs and she was sitting on the floor in the kitchen talking on the phone with tears running down her face. Jorja asked me if I would sleep in the guest room with her tonight. I lay with my arms around her while she cried. We talked for a long time though. I was glad she opened up to me. I kept trying to point out all the good things that will come out of this break up. I secretly hope this break up sticks. I like Isaac. I like him a lot, but Jorja can't go through this every two weeks. It's crazy. Anyways, it was a long sad night for her, but I hope it makes her stronger and even more compassionate then she already is.

No comments: