Saturday, August 12, 2017

UAE

First I'll start with some pictures from yesterday that I got off of Mike's phone. The first ones are from our walk yesterday morning. Well, I didn't bring my phone, so this is when Mike and Jorja found us.
Jorja ~ I accidentally put this as a moving picture, so I'm not sure if it will work.
 Mike & Jorja
 Weird fireplace in the middle of nowhere
 Jorja & Stephanie
 Jorja
 Jorja up at the Springs
 Stephanie ~ I just recovered the licorice Mike sent down
 Maysen, Stockton, Preston
It is so hard to get Maysen off of the tube unless it tips over. She got kind of 'tube sucked' out on this one!
The kids stayed on, but Maysen swallowed a lot of water!
Okay, that was all the pictures from yesterday. Here are today's pictures. We ended up not getting on the lake. The sky looked ominous the entire day. We still had fun though. It was fun watching eagles flying around. This one was right outside our cabin for about thirty minutes.
I walked with Shannon up to the Springs. Sharon was leaving with a group to go rafting right as we passed. She rolled down the window and we chatted for a bit. She said she didn't know we were here, but she could throw on an extra raft really quick so we could come. I knew that would take at least an hour, so I didn't want to slow them down. Plus, Mike and Steve were on the lake with kayaks.
Walking down from the Springs
 If you look really, really close you can see Mike and Steve on the lake in their kayaks.
Shannon and I walked down there, but they were in the truck leaving when we arrived. They were taking the kayak from the garage back. We didn't know if it worked. Mike said it needed to be thrown away. It took on a lot of water. They left Steve's kayak on the shore because they were coming back with Mike's sailboat. When they got back the kayak was gone. They weren't gone that long either. That stinks.

We played some games. The weird slapping game that Stockton likes and Exploding Kittens. That was even weirder than the slapping game. It was fun though. Jorja and Weston explored on the 4 wheelers before they turned them over to Stockton and Brandon. I held my breath the entire time. I am such a scaredy cat! Steve and Shannon packed up and left around dinner time. Stockton and Preston made this lovely bananagram with the theme being Oregon Trail.
I talked to Brett today. He now has a date for deployment. He also isn't going to Kuwait like he originally thought. He is going to UAE. He will be stationed at Al Dhafra Air Force Base. I hope he likes it there. I hope this deployment isn't too hard on his girls.

Mike, Stockton, Jorja, Preston and I played The Farming Game until midnight. It was pretty fun. Preston loved the game. He loves all games. Stockton hit Spring Planting every year. That doubles his corn harvest at the end of the year. Every single time he hit the square halfway through the year that would send him to the second week of February. He never got to try for corn or cows! It was super funny. Jorja ended up winning the game, despite doing her Chinese homework at the same time. Preston was a close second.

No comments: