Thursday, July 6, 2017

Square Icecream

We left the cabin early this morning. Well, by 8:00. The septic tank was being pumped at 9:30 and we wanted to be long gone by then. I also wanted to drive when it wasn't super hot, since we don't have air-conditioning right now. Plus, Stockton had his bowling class at 2:00. All those reasons. I spoiled the kids and stopped to get square ice-cream cones. They love that.
Maysen, Preston, Jorja, Stockton
There was a lot of construction on the way home. I was worried we wouldn't make it, but we got home in time. We were home for about five minutes before Stockton needed to go to his class. I did laundry for the rest of the day. 

Mike sent me these pictures of the septic tank being pumped. He said this guy was super nice even though he has such a crappy job.
They found the lid at the bottom of the tank. Mike found a post hole digger that he used to pull it up. Then the guy grabbed it with his gloves. He had to struggle to get it out, but he managed. I'm glad they found the lid so we were able to get the hole closed up today. I'm also glad we just needed to have it pumped and not replaced. Thank goodness!
Mike buried the lid and this is what the spot looks like now
Hopefully we don't have to deal with that again for another forty years at least!

No comments: