Wednesday, July 5, 2017

RIP Alf Mug

Years and years ago, probably around 28 years ago, all of the cousins made these mugs for the cabin. I'm pretty sure I was in 8th grade. We loved these mugs. John's just had scribbles on his. His mug died last year and he was so sad. It looks like Brett's is pretty much gone now too. I wish they still made mugs like this. The company has changed the way they put the mugs together. I ordered some a few years ago and most of the mugs didn't last more than a year.
My dad left early this morning with Max. Max was so anxious to leave he didn't even want to stay for breakfast. Rachel had the pancakes on the griddle. We forced them to eat pancakes before they headed out.

I took Mike out to see where Marie found the hole. Mike found a long pole and stirred it around some. We weren't sure what it was. It wasn't horribly smelly. Brett was brave and smelled the end of the pole while Mike was holding it. Now that is a lot of faith he had that Mike wouldn't shove it in his face. Mike saw noodles and he thought toilet paper. He pulled out the stick and a used condom was on it, so that was gross. Kind of confirmed that it was the septic tank though. (That should not be flushed down the toilet!) Anyways, Mike found a board to put atop the tank until we can figure out what to do. He has a guy coming tomorrow at 9:30 to pump the tank, then we'll go from there. I'm so worried that after he pumps the tank he will say something like, "It looks like there is a crack in the tank and it needs to be replaced. The code is different now, so you'll need to put in a huge drainage system....that will be $30,000." Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

I played frisbee golf with Matt and Brett. I'm an awful frisbee golfer. We played games and ended up playing Speak Out into the night. Preston loved it. He didn't think he could play because he wouldn't be able to get the thing in his mouth. Mike helped him at the end and he had a great time. He was pretty good too.
Matt, Preston, Mike
 Mike
 Mike, Brett, Preston
 Preston, Jorja
 Preston, Stockton
 Back of Matt's head, Bottom of Mike's head, Preston, Brett with eyes closed
I went to bed after this game. It was after midnight and I need to drive home tomorrow. Preston stayed up and played Dominion with Matt and Brett. Preston is pretty good at Dominion, although I think Brett won the game.

No comments: