Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Biking

I was so sad this morning. I was talking to Preston when it dawned on me that I hadn't picked up the pinwheels from my mom's grave. I meant to do that on Sunday, I even wrote it on the calendar. I have no idea why I forgot. So frustrated! After Preston left for school I hurried down there, but all the pinwheels were gone.

Jorja had such a great day today. She was invited to go biking with some of her friends. She has never rode a gear bike, so she was a little nervous. Her friend Isaac lent her a bike and taught her how to ride it. When I dropped Jorja off I asked to speak to Isaac. I told him that I was really nervous about this. They were planning on biking to Wendys. I wasn't nervous about the biking, I was nervous about the cars. For some reason when I agreed to let Jorja do this I pictured them biking around a parking lot or in deserted roads. Anyways, I asked Isaac to make sure he didn't let Jorja go if he didn't think she was ready. Make sure she could bike in a straight line without wobbling. I was worried she would panic and swerve in front of a car. Jorja was quite embarrassed. I told her not to worry, Isaac has a mom; he knows how moms get. I talked to Isaac's mom for a bit afterwords. I found out that Isaac's little brother is in Chinese with Preston. That's fun. They family seemed really nice and it helped me not worry so much. It also helped that I spent the next few hours in the temple. Anyways, a group of seven rode to Wendy's. Jorja, Isaac, Shafer, Drew, Natalie, Evan and Jonah. It turned into a group of eight when Jorja asked if they could stop at Hailey's house on the way. Hailey lives on a corner and they rode right by her house. The kids biked to Wendy's, then Indian Hills. Somehow they took different ways back and four of them ended up at Natalie's house. Jorja, Isaac, Shafer and Hailey ended up at our house. Hailey had to go to soccer practice and didn't stay long. Isaac and Shafer stayed for most of the day, until it was time for Jorja to go to softball practice. I kept going outside and bothering them. I'm sure they loved it.

I did get super confused when my brother Mike texted me asking me what I put up on Instagram. This was the picture he was referring to.
What the heck is that? I have no idea how that got there. I assumed Jorja or one of her friends put it there, but they claim innocence. Shafer said he thought I was hacked. Super weird. I did notice that the last picture I took on my picture roll was this one. I took it of the dirt in front of Indian Hills with the intention of sending it to Bubs. Bubs was looking for dirt a bit ago. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, I took that picture when I picked up Jorja, Isaac and Drew. Looking mighty suspicious that one of them put it up.
Jorja got to play catcher a lot at practice today. She was so tired after biking for several hours this morning. Too bad that when she gets a chance to play catcher she is not at her best. She had a fun day though.

Preston and Mike worked on a present to make for Mrs. Chung. It turned out super cute! The horse was a little tight, so Mike adjusted it and printed it again. Preston loves it. They are printing a bottom to put the pieces in tonight. It will say Mrs. Chung and Preston. He loves it.
 Extra horse
Tonight was the Pepperwood party. Stockton decided not to go this year. When I brought Jorja back from softball practice I went through the East gate. So glad I did. The West gate was completely blocked with kids lined up to get into the party. They were early, so weren't allowed through the gates yet. It was weird because a police car was blocking the residents entry into the East gate. We are always asked to go through the East gate on the graduation party night. I went to the guest and told the guard that I was a resident. Which was obvious because the resident gate automatically opened because of the sensor in my car. He wouldn't open the guest gate for me but made me do this weird maneuver to get around the police car and through the resident gate. Bizarre.


No comments: