Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Hot

Nothing too exciting today, just busy. I dropped Jorja off at school then headed to the temple. I was able to make the 8:00 session, so I was happy about that. I dropped Stockton off at bowling, then picked Jorja up from school. I haven't wanted Stockton to drive to bowling yet because I need to pick up Jorja from school while he is there. Hopefully he can drive sometimes once Jorja's school is over. The air conditioner doesn't work in the car right now. I'm not sure how hot it is, but one of the electric signs outside a store said 101 degrees. I don't think that was right, but it is so hot while I drive around. I have the windows opened, but it is really hard to stand. I usually come home with sweat dripping down my back and my front. I have the windows rolled down, but it just doesn't cut it. Hopefully one day we can get the air-conditioning fixed.

Jorja had softball practice today. I picked her up early and Mike took her to Dessa's birthday party. The party ended at 11:00. I told her I would pick her up then. Only after she was dropped off I remembered she is still in school and would need to be up at 6:00! Whoops. Mike usually does anything late at night because I am not a night person at all. This time I agreed to get Jorja. Mike was so tired. He is on call this week and it has been pretty rough.

Stockton had a high adventure activity tomorrow. I knew it was coming up and that it would be at Lake Powell, but didn't know more than that. I had sent an email asking, but didn't hear a reply until late tonight. I texted my friend Stephanie to see what she knew. All she knew is they were meeting at the church at 5:30 in the morning. Stockton and I talked a lot about him going. He would love doing cliff jumping, but he is in the thick of summer school right now. I was willing to drive him the 7 hours to St. George if he wanted to go after his class. Turns out he decided to skip the entire thing. He ended up scheduling his biology midterm on Friday afternoon. He has his bowling class on Thursday. He also has a biology paper due Monday and write ups for his film class due Monday as well. I think it was a good decision to skip this. He did go to the church camp last week. I think he would be running on empty if he tried to fit this one in too. One day life will slow down for that kid!

No comments: