Monday, June 26, 2017

EFY

I took Jorja to EFY today. She is pretty dang excited. I was going to take Ebony too, but I couldn't leave until around 11:30. I needed to drop Stockton off at the U before I left. I didn't want him to drive because he has to go straight from diving at the U to his film class in Taylorsville. There's not much time in-between and I just didn't feel comfortable having him do it, especially with all the construction. Stella wanted Ebony to get there right at 11:00, so she had her brother Matthew check her in. Jorja was more than happy to sleep in a bit and go later. I was a bit worried because Stella told me parking is a nightmare, but by the time we got there parking was great. Not only that, but we didn't need to wait in any lines. I waited while Jorja unpacked despite her insistence that she would unpack later. I didn't trust that it would happen. I helped her with her bedding too. I could see her coming back so tired and just sleeping with the sheets not on the bed at all. Jorja still have about fifteen minutes before they needed to meet with their counselor when I left. I think she is going to have a great week! Plus, I love Ebony!
Ebony & Jorja
Right before bed I got a text from Jorja. She said her day was good and was excited that Brenton was there too, just not in her group. She said Bode, Cody and Ryan were there too. They are in Group B, but not in her actual group. Excited to hear about her adventures!
Ebony & Jorja
Maysen came with me to drop off Jorja. She brought a copy of her report card so we could get free Krispy Kreme donuts. Too bad that they said they only give them to six grade and lower. Oh well.

Mike picked up Stockton from diving and dropped him off at film before he went back to work. That was great because I could not figure out how I could do everything. Mike sent me this picture on Sunday. All of us got in the house without the deer even moving.
Today, we had deer in our backyard! Two of them actually. Mike tried to help them find their way out, but it just scared them. He left the gates open so eventually they will be able to figure it out.
Mike loves it when there are ducks in the pond. Preston is Mike's mini-me. They made duck food together. They're pretty excited about that.
 Preston

No comments: