Saturday, June 17, 2017

Derek's Block Party

Okay, it wasn't Derek's block party but he sang at it. I think it was the Family History Center's block party. I took a picture of a few of the fun things to make my kids jealous.
I found Derek while the band was warming up. While I was taking a picture of him and looking for a good seat in the front I got a call from Jordyn. She said, "Why don't you come sit with us in the shade?" There was a canopy in the back and Jordyn was there along with Kendra and her kids.
Derek
 First time I've seen Baby Elijah (Derek & Kendra's)
 Jordyn & Elijah
Jordyn held Elijah the entire concert. I played with Presley. I took her up front and got her dancing. She is hilarious. Soon Evelyn and her friends came up. They had a great time. When the kids got bored, Kendra's friend took the older kids to the bounce house. Presley and I found them there. Presley loved it! She stayed jumping after the other kids had left. Finally they had to ask her to leave because they were about to collapse the house. I got to hold Elijah while I helped Kendra to her car. It was fun and I know Kendra loved having Jordyn and I there to visit with her and give her a bit of a break. It was also so fun to watch Derek. I still have never seen Devin and his band play. That's something I still really want to do.

Jorja came back from girls camp right as I was about to leave. She had only gotten a few hours of sleep and was super tired. I think I could have convinced her to come with me under different circumstances. Jorja ended up going to the softball field and playing with a few of her friends. She kind of felt uncomfortable though. It ended up being her softball coaches family with Jorja, Skye, and Raina. She kind of felt like they were intruding. She still had fun though and she really enjoys her softball friends.
Jorja & Raina

No comments: