Sunday, May 7, 2017

Spaghetti

Mike made home made spaghetti for Sunday dinner. He had the spaghetti strung like this during church. He makes me laugh.
I finished my book review of Mind Games yesterday and sent it in. I was talking to Sam about it today. I told her I really liked the book and there were surprisingly few mistakes. Usually the books I review at this stage have a ton of spelling/grammar mistakes. Sam said that she was one of their cleanest authors. (Cleanest meaning fewest mistakes.) I laughed and said, "Do you know what I put on the author question? A question mark! I have no idea who the author is." Sam told me it is Stephanie Black. No wonder I liked the book. Maysen had some interaction with Stephanie Black during her internship with Sam a few summers ago. She was impressed with her. I read the books Maysen recommended to me and enjoyed them as well. I'm glad I liked this one too!

Stockton and Jorja hopped the fence to get a treat from the Bradley's today. Seth has been sending out Book of Mormon challenge questions to all the youth. The first girl and boy that answer correctly get a treat. The Bradley's always make yummy desserts. Stockton or Jorja get a treat almost every week. This time Seth said, "Anyone who has read (a certain chapter in the Book of Mormon that I can't remember right now) can come to my front porch and get a treat. Stockton and Jorja hopped the fence. That is how the Bradley girls used to come to my house for Young Womens. Anyways, they knocked on the back door and no one answered. They went inside and found them outside their front door. Stockton tapped Seth's shoulder from behind to spook him.

Stockton is going to have a super stressful week. Three AP tests, the scariest one being physics with calculus. Mike gave him a father's blessing before he went to bed. That kid works so hard. It will be nice when this week is over for him. Stockton bore his testimony in church today. He talked about how he was blessed 17 years ago today. He had asked Mike what he said in the blessing. Mike told him. Stockton talked about how he could see a lot of things he was blessed with had happened. Zach and Sunni blessed their baby Mona today. Stockton said he was touched by their blessing and challenged them to remember what was said to her and watch it come to pass. It was really sweet.

No comments: