Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Mike, Preston and I played a game of Contagion. It was fun. We are the disease and we are trying to infect to world. Preston won, of course. Mike was getting anxious because he wanted to make sugar cookies for his primary class. The men are teaching because it's Mother's Day. I made the cookies for him. He worked on making a turkey for dinner. Yum. Mike's class was about Bishop Partridge. He was tarred and feathered. Mike had the kids tar and feather a picture of Bishop Waddoups with molasses and feathers. He also had them tar and feather a sugar cookie with frosting and sprinkles. Jorja brought home a picture of her and Mike from the daddy-daughter dance.
Jorja & Mike
Mike, Preston and I played two more games of Contagion. Preston won them both. It's so frustrating that we can't beat a ten year old! We had a delicious turkey dinner followed by presents from Mike and the kids. Mike gave me a cooking thermometer. That will be great for making yogurt! I'll have to try fudge again too. Bubs says it is easier to cook the fudge using a cooking thermometer than using the soft ball method. Maysen gave me scissors that cut food. That's hard to explain, but it is pretty cool. Stockton gave me a heating pad for my back, which is ALWAYS sore! Jorja gave me a pouch like I used to have, except this one looks better and will fit my big phone. Preston gave me an angry mom to clean the microwave. We tried Preston's present out. It worked great, but smelled awful! I also got the kids to watch an episode of Dr. Who with me. It was the one with Agatha Christie and the giant wasp. Haha. That was weird. Although the next episode will introduce us to River Song. I love her! Not really in that episode, but she is one of my favorites. That's about it for Mother's Day. The only thing I didn't do that I really wanted to do was to put the pinwheels on my mom's grave. Oh well.

No comments: