Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Missed E-Mail

This morning I got an email saying that diving was going to be Tuesday/Thursday this week at the U. Things are crazy with the BYU pool closed for construction. I had plans on both Tuesday (today) and Thursday. I called Maysen to see if we could check her out of her apartment tomorrow instead of Thursday. Luckily she was able to switch that. I was planning to go to the temple with Shannon today. It is Shannon's 50th birthday. Mike agreed to drive Stockton to diving and I would be there in plenty of time to pick him up.

Except . . .

As I was leaving the temple I could feel my phone vibrating. I pulled it out and saw that it was Stockton calling. He asked if he really had diving today because no one was there. I told him he did, I just saw the email this morning. I pulled into a parking lot so I could look at the email in case the time was different. That is when I saw another email that had been sent hours after the first one. It said that diving would be cancelled today because Laurel fell down the stairs and had to go to the doctors and Tyce was in a meeting hoping to find a pool we can use. I called Stockton back and told him I would get there as soon as I could. Shannon and I were at the Oquirrah Mountain Temple. I dropped Shannon off at her house and hurried to the U. I got there right when his class would normally end. Stockton just had to sit there. During AP testing week when he has a ton to do. He also had Young Mens tonight. I always sit through diving with him. The one day that I am unable to do that this happens? Frustrating.

Jorja had a softball game tonight. The orange team. Jorja's team dominated. Every inning ended because of the 7 run rule. I didn't think the other team scored any points. Jorja told me later they got one run. Still.

Mike worked a lot on getting the guest room ready for Maysen. She will probably stay there when she comes home. She doesn't need to get up as early as Jorja and she has enjoyed having her own room. It is looking pretty good so far. I will need to take some pictures.


No comments: