Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Heading to Virginia

I spent most of my day getting ready for Virginia. I exercised, cleaned my bathroom, did more laundry, finished packing. . . all while there was more snow outside. Silly Utah.
I dropped off Stockton and Preston at diving and then went and picked up Jorja. She stayed after for a WEB meeting. I think this meeting was to train the new WEB leaders. I went straight from Lone Peak, to Alta, to University of Utah to Indian Hills. That's a lot of schools! Anyways, I hurried and ate and gathered up the last of my things. I drove Mike to get the boys. Mike had to leave work while something was broken and he was trying to fix it. We were late getting the boys and they were waiting for us on the side of the road. They dropped me off at the airport. I was there super early.
The flight to Denver went fine until we wanted to get off the plane. We had to sit on the runway for about forty minutes because another plane was at the terminal. Not a problem except when you are hoping to catch a connecting flight. I had nine minutes to get to the next terminal. Good thing there were 21 people on my flight that were trying to catch that plane. I arrived at the terminal with two minutes to spare. The doors were closed and the flight status said 'on time'. Turns out it wasn't on time, it was an hour late. I sat on the plane for another hour before it took off. After I boarded, there was 'a spill' at the front of the plane they had to clean up before anyone else could board. It took them an hour. I think someone threw up, which made me very grateful to be sitting all the way in the back. I would hate to have to smell that all night. The flight itself was fine. I was able to sleep a little. It is much easier flying without little kids.

No comments: