Saturday, April 8, 2017

Tentacles

Mike and Preston have been working on these tentacles and they are quite proud of them. One of our favorite games is Day of the Tentacle. So fun!
Jorja has been working on a puzzle for a lot of the break. She likes working on it and watching The Office. She has been binge watching that during this Spring break. I worked on the puzzle for a bit with Jorja during an Office break. She actually talked to me! That doesn't happen very often these days. She talks to me, just not about things that matter to her. Anyway, she is really nervous about going back to school. She's worried about friends. She feels sad that Katlyn doesn't like her anymore. 8th grade is hard! One thing she told me really frustrated me. I am always getting after Jorja about wearing makeup. I want her to look like a fourteen year old. At the same time, I want her to feel comfortable in her own skin. Jorja has very pale skin. It was porcelain looking when she was younger. I loved it! The bad thing about her pale skin is she has circles under her eyes. She is always complaining about them and commenting on how people are always asking if she is tired. Anyway, a few months ago Jorja and Katlyn went to the temple before school to do baptisms. Katlyn doesn't wear much makeup. While Jorja was putting on the makeup under her eyes, Katlyn said, "Oh, I see why you need to wear makeup." GRRRR!!!!!!! That is NOT going to help my case about her not wearing a lot of makeup! I wish Jorja and Katlyn could figure things out. They were so close. It's crazy that things ended so abruptly. At the same time, I'm proud of Jorja for not crawling back into her shell. She has gone out of her comfort zone to try and find more friends. That's good, but she is definitely not looking forward to dealing with this again.

No comments: