Friday, March 31, 2017

Preston's Hero

Mike set up our quilting frames before he left for work. I am making a blanket for Gregory. He will be born in April. Yay! I have a lot of this fabric left. Sharon gave it to us awhile ago, a whole box of 'cabin' fabric. I thought I might as well use it for the new baby. This is the same fabric on Stockton and Preston's bed. Also the same fabric I made blankets for them last year, although the back of this one will be different. I hope I tied the quilt close enough. I didn't want to put the ties on the moose, and I liked how this looked. I'm just worried the ties are a little too far apart. Hopefully it will be okay.
When I was cleaning out Preston's backpack I found this essay he wrote about Mike. It is so cute. I love the relationship he has with his dad.

I have a hero in my life, and it is easily my dad. He is very smart (and awesome). He is never afraid to try something new. He's the best dad I've ever known, and I'm lucky he's mine.

My dad is very fun to have around. He often plays games with me, makes crafts, and knows a lot about computers. I enjoy that he likes to have fun with me. It's always nice paling a short game of table tennis, or watching a movie with him.

My hero, my dad, can make things, fix things and helps me with anything I do. It's good that he not only does it, but does it with a good attitude. On a school break, I sometimes help him build stuff or take things apart. He helps me when I need to make a project, and that's something I appreciate.

He has taught me a few lessons in life. He teaches me to keep trying, until you make it. He also taught me nothing is impossible (Well, almost nothing). I have used those lessons throughout my life.

Mike Smith, my dad, is my hero. No, he doesn't have superpowers or save lives on a daily basis, but he cares for my family, and others too. I always enjoy having him around.

No comments: