Thursday, February 16, 2017

Gavin Needs a Ride

Gavin's mom texted me yesterday asking if I could take Gavin to the diving meet on Friday. Except the diving meet is on Saturday, at least according to my calendar. Today I texted Laurel about it just to make sure. She texted back, "I don't think it's changed. I'll text Ted to make sure." Soon after I got a message on a group text that said, "Ok - somehow all of our coaches didn't notice the change made to the All American meet, or maybe we didn't get it, I'm not sure, but the meet is TOMORROW at the U at 4:00, start at 5:00. I am SOOOOO sorry that this is such a huge change. I really hope all those competing for All American can still make it." Yikes. Looks like Gavin's mom was right. People were not happy with Laurel. I don't think Laurel was ever told about the time change, she is so good at giving the current information she has. I felt bad watching everyone be mad at her on the thread. I sent my little two cents so people would know how Laurel literally just found out about the change. Still, I would hate to be her right now. I am really glad Gavin needed a ride. It is the first time his mom has ever asked me. If she hadn't, no one from BYU would have shown up to the meet. We would all have been a day late. Crazy.

I went to book club with Preston today. I love that. We were talking about the middle of Fuzzy Mud. The kids are so cute. I was planning on getting some ritz bits with peanut butter because they talked about peanut butter several times. I wasn't sure if anyone in my group was allergic. I only have four kids in the group. I ended up bringing Teddy Grahams and popcorn. Turns out, Josh is allergic to peanut butter. He said he used to be allergic to eggs and milk too, but he isn't anymore. Josh is Jill Jensen's son. Jill was my brother Mike's girlfriend in high school. I think it is weird that Jill's boy had the egg, milk, peanut allergy and Mike's kids have them too. Hopefully Larkin and Blake will grow out of the eggs and milk allergies. That would be amazing. (I know Larkin's not allergic to milk, couldn't figure out how to get the sentence right without it sounding weird.) Anyway, I miss my brothers.

We had a long diving day today. Preston had short day. The second he walked in the door I told him it was time to go to diving. He didn't like that. He wanted a moment. I was thrilled it was short day because I thought I would have to drive all the way to Provo, then turn around and get Preston and drive back. Preston sat through Stockton's two hour lesson, then Stockton sat through Preston's hour lesson. We stopped at Firehouse Subs on the way home. We were really tired by the time we got back.

Maysen had her first date EVER today. She is going to Texas Roadhouse with a boy named Jason I think. He was in her psychology rat lab last semester. I hope she has a good time. I'm anxious to read her blog about it.

No comments: