Thursday, February 2, 2017

Course Requests

The Draper temple is closed and Mike enjoyed getting a few extra hours of sleep today. I took Mike to work so that Stockton would be able to drive the jeep tonight. Matt was at my house with Jeff when I got home. I fed Jeff breakfast, changed his diaper and put him down for a nap. Matt was meeting with his department chair. Jeff was still asleep when Matt came back a few hours later. Actually he was sitting in the crib. I don't know if he heard Matt or was just patiently waiting for me to check on him. It was the easiest babysitting ever.

Stockton had a bowling activity. He drove Mike's jeep down to it. I'm glad he feels comfortable driving a stick shift. I think he had fun at the activity. He sent me this picture.
I took Preston to diving today. Jorja wants to take this month off. She had a hard day and didn't feel like diving. She was supposed to give tours to the visiting 5th graders today at school as part of the WEB program. Too bad no one told her. I don't know how they missed her, but she had no idea. She figured out what was going on in the middle of orchestra, but the substitute wouldn't let her leave. She was really disappointed about it.

Preston had fun diving. After a quick stop at Jamba Juice we went straight to Alta. Bubs was reffing a game there. We caught the last five minutes. Preston was really tired by the time we left. He was also shivering. I decided to run him home before I went to pick up Mike from work. I told Preston I would probably be back in 40 minutes. He told me he would probably be asleep. Wow. That's a tired boy. I hurried and picked up Mike. He was at work for a long time! It was after 8:00 by the time I got him.

Stockton and Jorja had to do their course requests tonight. Jorja wanted to do them by herself. She wants to take early morning seminary so she can have more electives. That surprised me. She does not like waking up. She also signed up for woodshop. I was surprised by that also. She signed up for theater and social dance. She decided to take AP Geography, honors math and honors English. Chinese is officially DLI 5H Chinese. She will have an AP Chinese test at the end of this one I think. Should be a busy year for her.

Stockton on the other hand will have an easier year than last year. He is going to try and get his associates before he graduates. He will need to take biology, a diversity class and a fitness class this summer. He signed up for two concurrent math classes, concurrent humanities, government, theater 2, team sports, CAD Mechanic with an engineering capstone class. Hopefully we can figure out how to get him art 1010 and English 2010 online. Sounds crazy, but I think it will be easier than this year. We are meeting with SLCC in a few weeks. Hopefully this will work.

While I was helping Stockton sign up for his classes I kept running back to watch the BYU/Gonzaga basketball game. Gonzaga is ranked 1st in the country right now. BYU ended up losing by 10. They cut Gonzaga's lead to 6 at one point, but choked. It was a fun game though.

No comments: