Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Abide With Me

My friend McKenzie has been dealing with breast cancer. While she was in the midst of her chemo treatments, she was asked to be a model for this statue. I love it. This statue was done by Angela Johnson. She is also the artist who did the Light of the World statues at Thanksgiving Point. This statue is named 'Abide with Me'.
I hope they are able to make smaller versions of this. I would love to have one. McKenzie is moving to Georgia in a few weeks. I'm sure going to miss her. I was talking to her today. She was so tired. She is going through radiation now. She has four more days. I hope she will be able to be healthy enough to move. She is excited to get back together with her husband. He is in medical school in Georgia. I met McKenzie after she lost all of her hair. When I saw a picture of her with hair I couldn't even recognize her. We laughed and laughed about that.

I was at diving for a long time today. I took Stockton and then waited for Preston. Stockton did an awesome 21/2 when I got there. He was so high. He knew he nailed it too. That is fun. Preston did great today. Tyce coached him. Tyce was there with the lesson kids because his little girls were there. There were a lot of lesson people today, so Tyce coached Preston along with his girls. Preston liked that.

No comments: