Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Janaisa

I finally got around to sending pictures in for Stockton's yearbook. These pictures were taken back in December. Stockton's English teacher is in charge of the yearbook and asked him about them yesterday. He said he thought they had been sent in. Whoops. I hadn't even looked at them on my computer yet. I did get them sent in before school started. I hope they work out okay.
Gavin and Stockton
 Stockton & Gavin
I have a lot more diving pictures I'm going to put on here one day. Maybe. We'll see. I decided to do a mini-birthday celebration for Stockton today. Super mini. I am in another no-sugar contest which starts tomorrow. That means I won't get to have any of Stockton's super delicious birthday cake. I stopped and picked up these Cold Stone cupcakes. We waited until Preston came home from school before we sang 'Happy birthday' and dug in.
 Stockton
Jorja's hiding in the background because I told her to stop dabbing in the picture. I hurried Jorja and Preston in the car as soon as we finished. I took them to diving today. I stressed over and over to Jorja how we needed to leave as quickly so I could get back in time for splits with the missionaries. We made it just fine. Jorja and Stockton were able to go to their combined activity, which was serving at DI. Mike and I couldn't get ahold of the sister missionaries. They were supposed to contact us. Mike called Brother Brown about fifteen minutes before we were supposed to be there. He was surprised we hadn't been contacted. I tried to convince Mike that we should go to the church and find them there. Mike did not want to do that. Partly because he wasn't sure where we would meet them and mostly because he was feeling awful. Brother Brown called us back about five minutes after we were supposed to meet with the missionaries. They had gone on splits with another couple in the ward. All that unneeded stress. It was nice to go to bed early tonight. We didn't want to fall asleep until the kids were home, so we just watched tv. That's a lot easier than going on splits!

Mike did have a cool missionary story he would have been able to share. One of his favorite people he baptized on his mission contacted him through Facebook today. Her name is Janaisa. She was a very smart 17 year old when he baptized her, and was one of the first people that he worked with after becoming the more senior companion in Foz do Iguacu. They had exchanged letters once about 15 years ago when she married a guy she reactivated into the church. He had been trying to find her on Facebook for several years unsuccessfully. She is doing very well, still very active in the church and is totally grateful to Mike for serving a mission and totally changing her life for the better. Anyway, he was excited that she found him and they chatted online in Portuguese for awhile about some of the other people he worked with in that area. It's crazy that the people he taught are married with kids of their own now. I guess that was over twenty years ago. Mike was pretty happy after that conversation.

No comments: