Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Van

Mike and I dropped the van off at the shop this morning. It has been limping along for awhile. We just put $3,000 into it six months ago. I hope it can pull through, I really don't want to buy a car right now.

The counselor at SLCC called me today. I have an appointment set up for Stockton and I to talk to her the middle of February. Too bad that is after course requests and applications have to be submitted. I did find out that Stockton can't take the English 2010 class this summer. SLCC won't have his AP test results, so he needs to wait until the last semester of his senior year. I was hoping Stockton would have all of this behind him by that point. That was discouraging.

I called and talked to Stockton's counselor at Alta. I had a lot of questions about their new Step to the U program. She didn't have any answers for me. In her defense, the questions I were asking were pretty unusual. She said, "One day you are going to call me up and I will actually know the answer." I told her I was just keeping her on her toes.

I went to a Taiwan trip meeting at Lone Peak. I'm not sure what to think about that. I wasn't able to stay for the entire thing. Mike texted me and said the car was done. If we hurried we could get it today, if not then tomorrow morning. I didn't want to get it tomorrow morning because I'm going on a field trip with Preston.

I left the meeting and picked up Mike. The car ended up costing us another $1,000. Hopefully this will fix the problem and we can get several more years out of it. It will be nice to drive it and know you are not going to get randomly stranded somewhere.

Stockton and Jorja went to their youth activities. Stockton played dodge ball and Jorja watched a comedy show thing. Mike, Preston and I played Colt Express. Preston ended up winning. He was the marshal. If he hadn't met all of his goals, I would have won. Too bad I didn't rescue a prisoner. I did manage to punch him in the face, I wasn't expecting that!

No comments: