Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Jorja's High School Registration

I talked to Allison Holmes today. She had been asking me about Stockton going to EFY. We have never done EFY before. Ebony has asked Jorja to go with her this year, so I had started looking into it. We missed the early sign ups, so we can't register until February 10th. Hopefully there will be a spot for Jorja when that date comes. Allison had asked me about Stockton going with Josh and Josh. When I was looking at the information I was confused because I thought it said you could only pick one roommate. I asked her about that. She said that Stockton would need to find a roommate, but this is the week that Josh and Josh were going. Oh. That makes more sense. I told Allison I wanted to wait and find out if Stockton would be accepted in the Step to the U he was planning on applying for. If accepted, Stockton would be taking three college classes during the summer and they start the same week the Joshes are planning on going to EFY. Allison said that Josh was doing summer school too, but was going anyway. She said he was planning on graduating with his associates. I asked if Josh had done summer school last year. He hadn't. I was under the impression that there was no way you could graduate with your associates if you didn't do summer school for two summers. I started looking into this because it would solve our Regents math problem. If you graduate with your associates you automatically get the New Century scholarship. Pretty much the same as Regents. You can't get both. Anyways, this might be something Stockton could pull off if he passes all FIVE of his AP tests this year. Hopefully I'm looking at things right. I want to contact the person at SLCC in charge of concurrent to make sure I understand correctly.

That's pretty much how I spent my time while the kids were at school. Trying to figure out if it was possible. I drove Stockton to BYU and headed straight home. Mike drove Preston. Jorja and I had a few hours before we needed to go to her high school orientation. I was also getting weighed in at the end of the day. This was my last meal - kind of. I had been thinking maybe I could go to Cheesecake Factory with Mike for lunch. I decided that it would be fun to go somewhere with Jorja before her orientation. I ran downstairs and told her my plan. I guess I should have mentioned it earlier because she did not want to go. She wanted to do her nails. I was disappointed. I ended up getting Cafe Rio and bringing it home.

Jorja and I picked up Katlyn and then went to the orientation. Jorja is so excited about high school. She is going to have a lot of fun. We also found out that the Chinese program will be at BOTH Alta and Corner Canyon. YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! On top of that, we ran into JAZZIE! She will be going to school with Jorja next year! Happy! Happy! Happy! We are both beyond thrilled about that! I am kicking myself that I didn't get any pictures of Jorja at school today.

I took Jorja to my weigh-in appointment with me. It was weird. I had to lay on this metal slab and was scanned. It took about six minutes. Hopefully I'll be able to do as well with this program as I did a year ago. I'm excited to get back in the game. I need something like this to get me out of my bad eating habits. Granted, this is a little extreme - but it works for me. No sugar, no dairy, no grain. At our class this morning Michael Banks even said to go one step further. He said no fruit and no carrots. BOO! He is very clear that this isn't how you want to live your life, but it is a way to get crazy results. Once you have the results you want, then you add some things back in. Although he thinks you should never have sugar or dairy. Last year when I did this I was surprised how my taste buds changed. Foods actually tasted better when I was off of sugar. Tomatoes started tasting like candy. It was weird. Hopefully I can get to that place again.

No comments: