Saturday, January 7, 2017

Jorja Leia

I love Saturdays. Even busy Saturdays. It is nice to have a day to try and pull everything together. Mike, Preston and I tried to figure out Preston's new Legacy game, Seafall. It is pretty confusing. Preston is crazy at how he can remember obscure rules. Stockton had a diving competition in Herriman. They changed the time so we arrived thirty minutes early. I wrote down all the times on my calendar. The email that came out on Monday had the new time, but I didn't double check-it. I wish there would have been a note about this being a time change. This made for a long diving day. Oh well. Stockton did great. He took 4th place. His first four dives were the best. He made it through his twist and he over rotated on his 21/2. He was spinning so fast it looks pretty cool.
Stockton 1 1/2 pike  
Inward
Laurel told me Stockton's a ninja when it comes to competitions. For example, on his back 1 1/2, he comes out way too early. At one point he is horizontal with the board. That is not supposed to happen. Usually this results in a smack. Stockton's able to somehow "slide it in" as Laurel said. His teammates have teased him with how often he has pulled it off.
Back 11/2
Reverse 11/2
Twist that Stockton hates
Front 2 1/2
We left Stockton's diving bag home. Stockton thought I had it and I thought he had it. We had two towels packed inside. Instead Stockton had to shiver with no towel. This facility doesn't have showers the divers can stand under while they wait. Sometimes they hung out in the pool. Stockton was ready to go by the end.

Mike was given a gift card to The Cheesecake Factory. We were planning on going yesterday, but Mike got home too late from work. Stockton said that sounded good even though we were a ways away from it. I tried to make a reservation while we were driving there. Apparently they only do reservations before five on weekdays. Boo. It was so crowded. The wait was one hour and fifteen minutes to one hour and forty five minutes. I bought a cheesecake slice and we ate at Chuck-A-Rama. It was also super crowded. We ate the cheesecake while we waited.

Jorja held down the fort while we were gone. She fixed macaroni and cheese for Preston and her. I laughed when I saw Jorja. She reminded me of Princess Leia the way she pulled up her hair. I have been talking to her about makeup lately. She loves to put it on. I still want her to look like a fourteen year old. I don't want her to get to the point where she won't go out of the house without makeup. I met several people like that in college and know a lot of people like that now. She said she wants to practice so she will be good at makeup when she goes into high school. Even before my girls' personalities were evident, I have always thought Jorja would want to wear makeup when Maysen might not. Jorja has such light features that she tends to get washed out. She also has dark circles under her eyes that she has had her entire life. She hates them. I just don't want her to hate them so much that she always needs to cover them up. Anyways, make up or no makeup, I sure do love this little girl.
Jorja
I dropped Jorja off at Katlyn's house and went on a late night sled hunt. I stopped by Big 5 hoping to get another two sleds that Preston liked. They didn't have backs on them. The employee was sure they had them because they had just received a huge shipment. Turns out a manager took all of those sleds up to Logan. Boo! They put the sleds on hold for me at a West Jordan store. I was annoyed that they wouldn't send them down to this store for me to pick up. Oh well. Hopefully Mike will get them after work on Monday. I then went to Fresh Market where the sled distributor told us we could find sleds. I can't remember if I wrote about it, but Mike called the distributor of the 'Harmons' sleds hoping to buy ten or so. The minimum order is $1,000. Too bad. He said we would find them at Fresh Market. I stopped by two today and struck out at both stores. Hopefully we can manage to find enough sleds for the cabin trip with Mike's family.

No comments: