Sunday, January 29, 2017

Game of Life

We had stake conference and got a new stake presidency today. President Hunt has been called to be mission president of the San Jose mission. That is where Nathan and Lisa will be going. I didn't know the new president or any of his counselors. The new president is Robert Clark, 1st counselor is Paul Clayton and 2nd counselor is David Morton. At least that is what I think I heard. It was funny because when President Astile was giving his testimony he called David Morton by a different name. He got made fun of that by several people afterwords. Mike snuck away during conference to fix a computer at the stake center. He was hoping the intercom would work while he fixed it, but it didn't.

Mike and I made fajitas as soon as we got home. After dinner we played Colt Express with all of the additions. We had the horses and stagecoach on this one. Maysen ended up winning this game. It is so hard to keep track as to what is happening. It was fun though. Stockton really wanted to finish his rpg game he had been working on. Maysen packed up while he was finishing. She was able to play it and defeat his final boss: Professor Quigley. Mike and Maysen left for Logan the same time Jorja, Audrey and I headed to New Beginnings. As soon as we got there Jorja became covered in orange.
Jorja
The theme for this year is ASK. The young women introduced this to the new beehives using the game of Life. I'm so glad I'm not in charge of these events anymore!
Rachel, Hannah, Kelsee & Hudson or Sawyer, Nichole, Riley, Ebony, Jorja, Presley, Audrey, Zoe, Paige
New beehive, Cora, Olivia, Ashley, Majena, Whitley, Presley, Eliza, Quinn, Abby
I talked to the Liu's about efy with Jorja. Stella mentioned that she was hoping to go see her mom in Hong Kong this summer. Ebony kind of groaned. Without thinking I said, "Maybe you could take Jorja with you." Ebony's face lit up. Ebony is the only one at home right now. She is the youngest of five, I think. Who knows what will happen with that. The problem is, in Hong Kong they speak Cantonese. I want Jorja to have experiences with Mandarin. I don't want her to get more confused if she goes there, I want her to come back more confident.

I hurried and wrapped Chelsea's pictures I had bought for my primary kids. I dropped it off at Natalie's house first, then went to Alex and Andi's house. As I handed the box to them I said, "This is not a toy, so don't be disappointed." Ha! The girls are so sweet. I love them.
Mike got home while I was in Jorja's room talking with her and Stockton. I had already gotten Preston to bed. We were talking about schedules for next year. Should Jorja take AP Geography? Honors math? She will be taking AP Chinese, although I think the official name is DLI 5H Chinese. I want her to stretch her self, to be successful and to not overwhelm herself. We'll see what happens.

No comments: