Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Digging Out

I had a hard time sleeping last night with the chirping from the smoke detector. I hope they get that fixed soon. This morning I laughed as I watched students dig out their cars. I was thinking that they must have left their cars over Christmas because they were covered!
It wasn't so funny when I discovered that it was from just one night. Luckily I brought my snow boots, but I didn't have any gloves. Also, my long scraper was missing. I bet Mike has it in the jeep. It took me awhile, but I was able to do it. Maysen and I wanted to go to the pet store to get Maysen fish. Once we started driving there I decided it was a horrible idea, but by then we were committed. Maysen came back with two water frogs and a fish. I was annoyed with the employee that helped us. I am not judging her by her nose ring and various piercings, I'm judging her by her attitude.
 It's hard to see the depth, but I was slightly worried I wouldn't be able to back up.
I dropped Maysen off with her fish, grabbed my things and headed back home. I was worried it would take me twice as long to get home. It was so nice when I finally got to the freeway. It was pretty rough before that. (Maysen's school is at least 45 minutes from the freeway. 45 minutes on a good day.)

Mike has been working on a video game thing with the boys. It's looking pretty good. He has almost every Nintendo game on there and several other games. Should bring fun times.
We found out BYU was having dry land for one more day, so Stockton decided to go to the U with Gage. Too bad Gage stood him up. Gavin wasn't here either because he hurt his hip last night. Ted is a great coach though. Stockton likes that Ted tells him a correction he can make and why he should make it. He will also ask him to do things that are easy to understand and he knows he did them right when he hit the water. Ted was asking him to extend his arms on his inwards. He said, "If you can wiggle your thumbs and see them before you hit the water, you are doing it right." That works for Stockton.
Stockton ~ inward 1 1/2
Jorja has been enjoying her new vanity. She does look cute sitting there. She straightened her hair before bed. I don't know why.
Jorja
Stockton slept in Maysen's bed. I guess he did last night too. I'm glad those two get along. Actually all my kids get along, it makes life so wonderful!

My dad called me while I was driving Stockton to diving. He asked what I was doing. I told him and asked what he was doing. He said, "Sitting at the kitchen table talking to Matt, Mike and Sam." What?!? Mike is in town? Mike came in town for one of his really good friends funerals. Okay, Mike gets a pass on this one. Funerals are hard to plan in advance. Matt Burnham died of colon cancer. He was in our ward growing up and I'm pretty sure his mom was my beehive leader. I remember being at her house for a sleepover and everybody hated me. Laura had moved up at this point. Sister Burnham was nice, but that night was miserable. Anyways, Mike slept at our house last night. The viewing was far away in Roy. The roads were terrible on the way home. Mike met up with some childhood friends and had dinner with them. I told him I would leave the door unlocked and the guest room ready, that way he wouldn't have to hurry home or worry that he was keeping us awake. I'll get to see him for a few minutes in the morning, but that is probably it. Short time is better than no time. Glad it wasn't Mike's funeral. 37 is way too young. 11 years earlier than my mom and that was horrible. Matt has a wife and three kids. Poor family.

No comments: