Sunday, January 22, 2017

Boys Are Home

I told Jorja to prepare to walk to church. I did not want to drive. It finally dawned on me that I need to get out and shovel or we are going to be freezing walking through the snow in our church shoes. I used the snowblower for over an hour before I called it quits. I didn't finish, but I made it 'good enough'. That is how Mike and I always do things. We get them to the 'good enough' stage. It was weird sitting on the bench with just Jorja. Mike took the boys to 9:00 church. I was surprised at that. Usually he goes to church on the way home, and I didn't think there was any way he would have the cabin all closed up that early! He didn't. They ended up leaving the cabin around 3:00.
Stockton, Preston, Mike
 Mike said that this picture was taken when the roads were good.
The roads ended up being horrible on the way home. Mike said he hadn't seen roads that bad since he and Ty came up to Idaho to see me when I was at Ricks. They had to pull over at a rest stop and sleep because the roads closed. Unbeknownst to Mike, my mom and Kris slept at that same rest stop. They were on their way up to see Sue and got stranded as well. Anyway, Mike kept pointing out wrecked cars to Stockton as they drove home. I was so relieved when they finally arrived! It was bed time, but Preston wasn't tired. I wonder why? Jorja and I watched another Stranger Things and we were watching Sherlock when the boys arrived. We played Code Names with them a couple of times before they were sent to bed at 10:00. I texted Maysen a bit before bed. Signups for LDS Storymakers starts tomorrow. I wanted her to pick the classes she wanted. We decided to talk after I send Preston to school tomorrow. It is nice to have almost all my family under the same roof. At least I know all my family is safe.

No comments: