Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Sledding and Games

My dad made scones for breakfast.  Why can't this deliciousness be healthy?  Bubs and John went to Swan Valley to pick up Cassie.  Cassie was nervous about driving the rest of the way back.  Bubs drove John to her.  That was nice.  It was also nice that John and Cassie now have a key so they can drive their car to Virginia tomorrow!
Anne, Matt, Jeff
Sledding and games was how we spent most of the day.  This was Cassie's only real day to enjoy sledding.  We went to the springs with John, Cassie, Mike, Matt, Maysen and Jorja.  That was a lot of fun, except the one time I decided to spin out early and ended crashing head on into Cassie.  It hurt my neck so bad.  I was nervous about it for a few seconds, then was able to walk it off.  Mike pointed out a jump to John. He took it two times.  I heard he flew the second time, but I wasn't down quick enough to see it.  I think I was driving the 4 wheeler that time.  It's nice going with so many adults, because we were able to take turns driving up.  We laughed when we saw kids sledding without adults, and here we were sledding without kids!  Minus Maysen and Jorja of course.  Yes, I know Maysen is officially an adult, but she is still in her teen years!  We also joked about our childhood.  We can't imagine our parents and siblings sledding without us when we were little.  Maybe they did when we were asleep.  Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
Collin
 Lincoln, Stockton, Ella, Preston
Abby, Mallory (behind Jorja) and Jorja playing Scum
 Maysen loves her new Christmas present.
She spent a lot of time working on her stories.  Yay!
 Cassie & Collin
Jorja did a lot of nails this trip.  The girls loved it.  She even did Cassie's fingers and toes.  She is getting quite good.
Jorja & Mallory
 Mallory
Mike and I brought up 9 Paracon sleds, 2 Harmon sleds, 1 Torpedo without a back, one sled we got at the hardware store and I weird Zippy sled.  The Harmons sleds were the best!  All 9 Paracon sleds have broken and the Harmon sleds are still going strong.  The Torpedo was also a winner.  The lady at Scheels said I could take the sleds back if I wasn't 100% satisfied.  I asked her if they were broken if they would still take them back.  She said yes if I had a receipt.  I laughed as I walked away knowing they would all break.  I made sure to put the receipt in my glove box.  Anyways, we want to get more of the Harmons sleds.  They said American Plastic Toy Company or something like that on the back.  We found their website and saw that they have a 'dealer' in Sandy.  Mike is planning on calling him when we get home. Wouldn't that be awesome if we could buy a ton of those sleds from him?
Mike, Maysen, Preston, John and Matt played Pirates.  Maysen won. John had a chance.  He attacked a merchant ship on his last turn.  If he rolled double sixes he would have won.  He did not.  It would have made a cool story though.  John, Cassie, Matt, Maysen and I played Ticket to Ride.  We stayed up until 1:30 playing.  Probably not the smartest thing to do before John and Cassie drive for three days straight across the country.  Matt ended up winning.  He went around the board more than two times.  200 plus points.  Showoff.
Matt - green
Stephanie - yellow, Maysen - blue, John - black, Cassie - red

No comments: