Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Poinsettia Bowl

Cabin hype!  Check out this forecast!  Looks like the cabin is going to be great fun this year!  Hopefully the roads are okay when I drive to Utah with Cassie.
The kids had their last day of school!  Yay!  Preston and I brought gingerbread houses to his teachers this morning.  Mrs. Chung had already left to Taiwan.  We told Mrs. Mickelsen that she could have both the houses then.  She has two daughters, so it was perfect.  I dropped off a house to Javita.  She looked stressed out.  I found out that they are leaving on a cruise tomorrow.  Probably not wanting to spend time decorating gingerbread.  Next year I'll have to get the houses out earlier.  Just didn't happen this year.  I was also able to get a house to Jacqui.  They are staying home for Christmas, so she was more excited.

Stockton decided to go to diving at the U with Gavin instead of doing dry land at the Y.  Stockton and Gavin wanted to get pictures that could be used in the yearbook.  Mrs. Fergusen keeps asking Stockton for pictures.  I was able to give Ted $15 so Stockton could do a 'walk-in' class.  Ted worked on Stockton's hurdle with him.  Stockton was jumping so high I couldn't believe it!  He did an amazing 2 1/2.  I wish I had videoed that!  I was talking to Ted about Regions and Zones.  We are scheduled to go to Regions in California.  Ted is taking his team to Colorado.  He said it doesn't matter what Region you go to as long as you go to the Zone that the Region feeds into.  I said that we don't really worry about Zones.  Ted said, "If he dives like he did today he would end up there."  Stockton's diving was incredible!  At the end of practice Stockton and Gavin did a 1/2 synchro off of the 5.  I have a lot of pictures, but it would take more time than I have right now to get them loaded.  I'll save them for another day.

Stockton and I got back home towards the end of the 1st quarter of the BYU game.  BYU did their traditional 'make this game interesting' game plan.  BYU was leading for most of the game.  Wyoming came back and stopped BYU with less than 2 minutes left.  At this point BYU was only 3 points ahead.  Wyoming got the ball at midfield.  I was getting nervous.  I told Mike, "BYU really needs one of their interceptions right now!"  I was thinking, "Come on Nacua!"  Just then Nacua came out of nowhere to intercept the ball and seal the game for BYU.  Yay!  I'm going to miss Nacua!

No comments: