Monday, December 12, 2016

No More Chocolate

I did my exercises early this morning.  Leg day.  After the kids went to school I went to Becky's for a Christmas yoga party.  I had never done yoga before if you don't count Wii Fit.  Oh boy were my legs hurting the rest of the day.  I'm not sure if it was from yoga or from leg day.

Preston came home from scouts with the cutest creation.  He was so proud of it. 
Maysen called me on the way back from diving.  I was driving, so Stockton had her on speaker.  She is now finished with her chocolate class.  Hooray!  She did okay on her final, but not as well as she hoped. This was a seriously hard class.  For example, this is a question from one of Maysen's quizzes.  She was annoyed because the teacher told them they only had to know oleic acid.  This was the question that came up.
Maysen studied hard for her final.  She had easily over one hundred slides with things like this she had to memorize.  That's nuts.
Maysen survived this class with a B-.  She was .23% away from a B.  I was a bit nervous that this might take away her scholarship.  She needs to keep a 3.5.  She is confident that she will get As in both of her psychology classes and she already got an A in her connections class. Her horticulture class is iffy.  I'm hoping she is able to pull a B+ in that class.  Maysen ended up being emailed by her chocolate teacher later. She said that because Maysen was consistently in class she was raising her grade to a B.  In this class we'll take it!  Maysen has been frustrated because this was supposed to be an easy class if you go by 'rate my professors'.  They said that all the quizzes were open notes and you can take the quizzes more than once.  Also, her deadlines were flexible. This semester was a total personality flip.  Nothing was open notes.  If you were ten seconds late you couldn't submit anything.  Anyways, Maysen is thrilled to wave goodbye to this class.  So glad she escaped it with a B!  This will cover her chemistry or physics requirement.  I bet those classes would have been easier!

No comments: