Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!

I was the first one awake this morning.  The small Christmas tree in the corner looked beautiful.  I was the only one who was able to enjoy it because as soon as I woke up I turned on all the lights.
Unfortunately I felt awful today.  I was so sick.  Cassie was sick too.  I threw up, Cassie never did.  We both were miserable while people were opening presents.  Matt and Sam brought all their presents except the kitchen Santa brought Anne.  We brought up some presents that were easy to transport.  I had also brought a present for each of John and Cassie's kids.  They had Christmas and packed up everything.  We also had their name for Christmas so it worked out well.  I gave John and Cassie Christmas stockings that I made awhile ago.  I gave John awesome Blue Jays socks that I should have gotten a picture of.  Cassie got a roll-on on-guard oil.  Not the best present there.  We gave Mallory a game called Five Crowns.  She seems to like it.  Trevor got a glow-in-the-dark track that he loves.  He was so excited when he opened it.  He had wanted it, but Cassie had already finished buying him Christmas presents.  It's perfect because he can play with it here.  He played with it all day.  Brandon got a little road rug with cars.  I remember John and Matt playing with our road for hours when they were little.  Collin got a new blanket.  I tried to make a Grandma Parry blanket for him.  I love how it turned out except for the yarn I used.  The yarn was horrible!  I read not to use a certain yarn, I made sure I didn't get that kind.  I got a different kind, but it must be extremely similar.  The yarn has already frayed and the knots come undone easily.  Whoops.  I tried. Mike said, "Well, you are just getting the blankets perfected before our own grandkids come along."  Anyways, I love the baseballs.  So adorable!
Collin
 Brandon & Collin
 Cassie & Collin
 Collin
Maysen got a Stop Thief game she was really happy about.  Mike found it on eBay.  It is a game Mike used to play this game when he was little. A long time ago he found it at DI.  It was missing several pieces, but still was fun to play.  Maysen played it all the time when she was little. Anyways, this game Mike found had all the pieces.  Maysen loved it. Preston also made Maysen 3D pieces for Settlers of Catan.  Maysen loved that.  Preston was pretty happy with her reaction.  Stockton got a Mario Maker 3ds game.  Maysen gave him a new ping pong paddle and a basket head game.  Jorja got more nail stuff she was quite happy about.  Stockton gave her a cookie shot glass kit.  He had originally gotten her a weird sled.  When we saw the cookie shot glass kit he changed his mind.  Instead we gave the weird sled to the family.  I wonder how it will work.  Preston got 'Slamwich' and a bunch of parts that Mike gave him.  Well, the parts were for Stockton and Preston. Mike wants to make a mini arcade with them.  Jorja gave Preston a rubber ball making kit.  Anyways, the kids seemed happy with their presents.  Yay!

We had church at the cabin.  Sam called the bishop of the ward here to get permission.  It was snowing all day and the roads looked horrible. There was no way I was going to church.  I felt awful.  Most of us stayed in our pajamas.  Matt dressed up in a suit.  He conducted the meeting. John and Stockton dressed up to bless and pass the sacrament.  We had a short meeting, but it ended up being perfect.

Cassie asked Mike to hold Collin while she ran and got a diaper.  I didn't want to hold him because I was super sick.  Mike held him like this the entire time.
Collin & Mike
I snapped this picture during church.  I thought Trevor and Brandon looked adorable sitting next to each other.
Backs of Maysen, Anne, Amelia and Mallory
Backs of Jorja, Trevor and Brandon
 Maysen & Collin
Mike laughed when he saw a fork with noodles on it on the table.  This is the book I brought up to read.  I haven't started it though, so I have no idea if it is good or not.
Stockton got a game called Joe Name It.  The kids had fun playing it.  I tried to get good pictures, but wasn't too successful.
Ella, Lincoln, Jorja, Maysen, Mike, Stockton, Preston
I felt a little better toward the end of the day and was able to get a few games of Dominion.  I didn't stay up too late because I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.  I hope I feel better.

No comments: