Friday, December 30, 2016

I Broke My Porge

Matt woke up early to play Dominion with me.  Too bad his kids woke up early too.  It was fun to watch him juggle them.  At least I destroyed him this game.  A nice way to end the trip to the cabin.  Most of the morning was spent cleaning up.  Matt and Sam wanted to be on their way as early as they could.

I saw this picture Chelsea posted.  Holy cow!  She's amazing!  I have a picture I want her to paint for me so bad!  I was hoping I could win the exercise contest last year and use the money to have her do it for me. Too bad I came in second or third place.  So close!  By the time we have enough extra funds I'm worried she will be too famous that she will be out of our price range or too busy.  Her pictures sure are amazing though.  The model she used for this picture is Iriel. Courtney's daughter.  How cool!
The cabin was pretty much cleaned up except for our snow clothes.  We all went sledding one last time, except for Maysen.  She said she had a great time at the springs and wanted to end it on that one.  Jorja probably wishes she had done the same.  Everything was going fine until I decided on a whim to pull the kids up the big hill at the end of the cabin.  I almost instantly realized what a bad idea it was when it was too late.  I thought the only thing I could do was speed up so the sledders wouldn't catch the 4 wheeler on the way down.  When I did that one of my boys lost control of their handle.  I think it was Preston, because Stockton fell off earlier.  Anyways, it whipped around and nailed Jorja in the face.  I felt so bad.  I looked back and there was carnage everywhere.  Jorja was crying with a bloody face, Preston was stunned laying there a few feet back, Stockton was on his back at the top laughing.  Not the best mom moment.  Jorja was able to use it to her advantage.  I am so against letting anyone under 16 drive the 4 wheelers by themselves.  Jorja has been practicing with Mike.  She was able to use this exact moment to get me to let her do a solo run.  She made the point that she would obviously do a better job than I did.  She did great.  I'm not planning on letting her drive often, but she did a good job this time.
Jorja
 The hill - it's hard to get an idea from this picture though
 Preston
 Stockton
 Cabin views and Preston's head
Mike loves to take the kids penguin racing.  He usually does it with Preston or Jorja.  They love it!
Mike & Preston penguin racing
 Stockton
 Here comes the Porge!
Mike taking a pile of broken sleds down.  Hopefully we can return all of them and buy the awesome Harmons sleds.  Or the backless Torpedo one.  Or another long black H2O one that has somehow made it several seasons.
We left the cabin at about 4:30.  Jorja can't talk very well.  Her lip is swollen.  She says she can't feel it.  I imagine it feels like she has been to the dentist.  I'm glad it didn't knock her teeth out.  Especially right after she got her braces off!  I agreed to stop somewhere for ice cream on the way home and take them to Leatherbys tomorrow.  Jorja is quickly learning the advantages of a mother's guilt.
Jorja's broken face
We got home around 9:30.  I am exhausted.  It feels so good to sleep in bed!  Nice to be home.  Lots to catch up on tomorrow.

No comments: