Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016

I'm still feeling the mommy guilt, so we took the kids to Leatherbys. Jorja had been wanting to go for awhile and was disappointed that she choked on the choice of dinner place after her violin concert.  Jorja and I shared a french dip sandwich and a giant ice-cream.  Mike had brought all of the broken sleds home.  We returned them to Scheels. They refunded our $140.  Excellent.  Our last stop was D.I.  Mike wanted to look for a computer screen for the video game thing he is making with the boys.  Jorja found some cute dresses for super cheap. Success.  We stopped at Walmart so Mike could get another computer thing.  Something he screen at DI needed.  I let the kids each pick out a treat for tonight.  We ended up with chips, cookies, chocolate milk and pizza.  Perfect.
Jorja, Preston, Maysen, Stockton
 Stockton defeating 'cookie clickers' for Preston
John and Cassie made it to their home in Virginia!  What a way to start the new year!  I'm glad they are there and no tragedies occurred on the road.  Cassie sent me this picture of them in their new place.
Trevor, Brandon, Mallory, Collin, John, Cassie
Mike, Preston and I played a few games of Pandemic.  We lost the first game and won the second one.  Our game ended right as Steve and Shannon came over.  We talked and played games.  The new year was here before we knew it.  I choked and didn't get a picture of my family. BOO!  Jorja had Katlyn and Hailey over.  Hailey left after midnight and Katlyn slept over.  Jorja was pumped about that!  I took some blurry photos of Jorja with her friends.  I should have used my nice camera, but I was too tired.  And I don't know how to use it very well anyway.
Katlyn, Hailey
 Jorja, Katlyn, Hailey
The biggest change we had in 2016 was Maysen graduating high school and moving to Logan.  It has been so much fun to have her back these last few weeks.  It's sad not having her here all the time, but she is loving her life in Logan and that makes me extremely happy.

No comments: