Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

I was surprised that I slept until 7:00.  I usually never sleep that late.  It was great.  I was still the first one up, but I wasn't by myself for long. We had a great day of sledding and games.  Poor Anne needs to take asthma medicine everyday.
Anne
Anne saw that Jorja had her toenails painted.  It about blew her mind. Soon she had her toenails painted too.
Jorja & Anne
 Anne's face ~ haha!
Mike, Maysen, Matt, Anne, John, Trevor and I all went to the springs. We were able to get four runs in.  Trevor loved riding on John's back on the way up.  I talked Trevor into sledding down with me when John was taking his turn driving.  Trevor wanted to sled with me and race John the next time.  We did pretty good but had a giant fall.  We flew in the air a little bit, at least the landing didn't hurt.  It was still fun. Maysen drove the 4-wheeler down on the last run.  She is an adult now. Weird.  It was funny when she was riding behind the 4-wheeler being pulled up.  She was laying down and you could just see her penguin hat. Haha!  She looked like a penguin!
Maysen
Earlier in the day Cassie lost her keys in the snow.  They packed their spare keys in their moving van.  It snowed a lot today and the chances of finding the keys are slim.  Cassie called Triple A and they came and unlocked her car.  She was hoping she had just lost her keys in them. Nope.  They weren't there.  We have no idea how she is going to get to Virginia.  Hopefully they will be able to figure something out.

Bubs and Ange went to family bowling.  They brought Mallory too. They seemed to have a great time.  I had no desire to go this year. First, John wasn't planning on going.  It might have had something to do with the car being unable to run.  Second, my foot hurt so bad!  All day long it hurt.  I think I hurt it doing dishes last night.  I stood by the sink without shoes for a couple of hours.  I have no idea how long I was there, but it was quite awhile.  Anyway, I couldn't put any pressure on my foot the entire day.  Ange convinced me to take ibuprofen.  That took the edge off, but it still hurt a ton.

Sam made cookies for the kids to decorate.  Anne was so excited to leave them out for Santa.  Anne and Sam also spread reindeer food outside.
Anne, Jorja, Preston
 Maysen
 Anne, Jorja, Preston
 We had a great laugh about Anne's face
John let Trevor decorate a cookie but not Brandon.  He told Brandon he could decorate one if he ate his dinner.  He was trying to get him to eat a couple of bites with no luck.  Later John was laying down with Trevor.  I think Trevor had hurt himself.  Cassie was in her room feeding Collin.  Brandon was really quiet.  All of a sudden Maysen noticed his face.  Haha!
Brandon
Mike and Matt changed the oil in the 4-wheelers and switched the wheels on one of the 4-wheelers.  I was glad I didn't have to be out there in the cold.  Mike was really glad to have it done.  It was nice of Matt to help.

Bubs and Ange got home around 10:00.  They seemed to have a great time.  I'm glad they were able to get back safely.

No comments: