Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Birthday #43

Today is my birthday.  Cabin birthdays are the best!  It is so beautiful here!  This is what it looks like outside.  The snow fell all day long! Perfect, except for Cassie who waited most of the day for the tow truck to get here.  Carolyn Jones came and picked her up and took her to Idaho Falls.  The tow truck driver was several hours later than he said he would be.  When he finally came, he was not happy.  He said he had been on the road for eight hours already.  Eight hours of horrible roads. Mike said, "Add winter tow truck driver to jobs I never want to have." Cassie had to stay at Carolyn's overnight because the driver wasn't able to get her car to the shop before it closed.  Who knew lost keys would cause so much trouble?
View from the cabin
We had a ping pong tournament today.  Stockton won.  He kicked John out of the tournament.  John came up through the loser bracket to play Stockton again.  John won that game.  Stockton won the championship game.  We thought a foosball tournament would be fun.  We didn't get around to it until the end of the day.  Mostly because we were sledding. Mike said we should have the kids sleep up here so we could play foosball downstairs.  I said we should just bring the table up here.  Next thing I know, Mike and Stockton took care of that.  Too bad I didn't win the tournament.  I lost to John 9-10.  It could have gone either way.  I hit a shot that I thought was in, it bounced out and John hit a super lucky shot that shouldn't have made it.  It was funny.  I got kicked out of the tournament by Stockton of all people!  It was the first time he has ever defeated me at foosball!  I will no longer be on his foosball pedestal.  John ended up winning this tournament, Matt was really close.  Matt should have won it.  I was surprised how good he was!
Stockton & Mike
Sam & Jeff, Stephanie 
 Stephanie & Dad
 Stephanie & John
 Maysen & Jorja
I'm happy John loves his Blue Jays socks.  He wore them for a couple of days straight.  Haha!  Cabin rules!
 Welcome back to the land of the living Jeff!
Mike and Jorja picked out a birthday cake and pie for me.  I picked the pie.  It was chocolate caramel and it was delicious!  You can tell by the crumbs all over my face.
Anne, Millie, Stephanie, Dad
 My kids kept laughing at my dad in his weird positions
My dad gave me an Israel sweatshirt that is just like the Israel shirt he gave me.  I love it!  Mike gave me play tickets to Hale Theater.  My kids made me a Wonderland game.  That was fun.  We finished the day with night sledding.  It was me, Bubs, Mike, Matt, John and Jorja.  We were out there for a long time.  Bubs took a video, I wish I had gotten the file so I could put it here.  We just did trains over and over.  It was so much fun.  I wish I had gotten a picture of my face when I came in.  Snow was frozen all over my hair.  I would have liked to put it on Facebook with the caption, "This was how I spent my birthday."  Haha!  It was so much fun!  I wish my other kids would have been out.  I think Jorja loved being the only kid though.

I stayed up playing Dominion until it was no longer my birthday.  Still won the game though.  Yay me!

No comments: