Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Ugggg

I can't believe Donald Trump just won the presidential election.  This country is crazy.  I really hope he isn't going to be as horrible as I think he will be.  I'm worried that he will turn this country toward a dictatorship.  I also wish Evan McMullin would have won Utah.  Trump would have still won the presidency, but it would have been awesome for McMullin to win one state.  I wish he would have had a better showing in Utah.  I think people were too scared to vote for an Independent when it came down to it.

Okay.  Back to today.  I went shopping to get things for gingerbread.  I was hoping to start putting the houses together today, but we ended up glued to our tv.  I really hope I can get all these houses done.  I bought 36 pieces of cardboard that can be used for bases.  I hope they work okay.

I took Jorja and Preston to diving.  Preston loves having Jorja there. Jorja has been enjoying herself too.  Preston took forever in the shower after class was over.  We didn't get out of there until 7:00.  The parking lot was crazy.  I think there was a BYU game.  Basketball?  Volleyball? I'm glad we were leaving instead of coming.

The tv was on when we got home and results were starting to come in. Preston loved watching and convinced Mike to let him sleep on the couch with the tv on.  Mike put the sleep timer on the tv, but he let him do it.  We went to bed before anything was decided.  I woke up around one in the morning and couldn't believe Trump won.  279 electoral votes.  It was crazy because all of the polls said Clinton was going to win big.  I think it ended with Clinton 228 and Trump 279.  Well, three states are not reported yet.  Arizona, Michigan and New Hampshire....I think....not enough to change the result.  Right now it looks like Clinton won the popular vote.  The next few years are going to be interesting, hopefully they are not catastrophic.

No comments: