Monday, November 28, 2016

Tires and Snow

Wow!  What a super long day!  I got up early and did some exercising. Leg day.  Ouch!  Mike and I got all the kids out the door to school. They were super excited about it.  Ha!  Mike called the tire store as soon as it opened.  We tried to get snow tires on last week but we needed a new tire and they didn't have one at their store.  They ordered one and said they would call when it arrived.  They never called.  Mike called and they didn't have any record of it.  What!  Plus, we had already paid for it.  Luckily they checked somewhere else and found it. We hurried over to the store and there was already a super long line. Mike waited with me for about thirty minutes.  He talked to the guy and got everything sorted out.  Then he had to go to work.  Cyber Monday and all.  They told me it would be a 2 1/2 hour wait.  I decided to just stay there.  I really wanted the snow tires on.  I didn't want to drive to Provo today without them.  I went over to Black Bear Diner for awhile.  I wish I had brought more to do.  I had about thirty pages of The False Prince to read.  I didn't want to go past that.  We have book club on Friday and I only want to read to where the kids are supposed to read.  That way I won't spoil anything for them.  I have a book I need to evaluate for Covenant.  I really wished I had that with me.  I ended up being at the tire store for four hours.  It was long and boring.  I was really glad to have the snow tires on though.  I had about an hour at home before I needed to pick up Stockton.

The roads were great on the way to diving.  On the way home it was a different story.  I was very thankful for my snow tires.  It took us over two hours to get home!  A few times we were going about 20 miles/hour on the freeway.  Those were the good times.  Many times we were at a crawl.  I slipped twice when we were going super slow.  I can't imagine that trip without snow tires.  It would have been horrible. I started to feel a little sick on the way home.  I just wanted to crawl into bed when we finally arrived.  We were home before Mike.  I texted him and told him traffic was so bad he should consider sleeping over. He ended up coming home around 10:00.  Traffic was better by then luckily.

No comments: