Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Flying, Flipping, Twisting Turkey Classic

Yes, that is the actual name of this diving event.  I got the kids up at 6:00 so we could get there in time for warm-ups.  Jorja didn't want to wake up.  I told her she needed to go or she should have stayed overnight at her young women's activity.  I let her come home early in order to go to this.  Preston really wanted her there.  Mike came later. He went to our exercise class first.

This meet seemed to last forever!  I thought it would end at 1:00 at the latest.  It didn't end until after 2:30.  I felt bad.  I should have packed some food.  Stockton was starving by the time it was his turn to compete.  He had eaten half of a protein bar, so I thought that was all he wanted.  In the middle of his meet he came and found us and asked for the rest.  I had just eaten the rest of it about thirty seconds before.  I felt so bad!  I had nothing else to give him!

I did the paper scoring for Preston's competition, so I was able to video his jumps from the deck.  I didn't bother videoing Stockton's because I was up too high.  Mike took pictures though.
Preston back dive 
Preston front dive
Preston front jump tuck
Preston falling front dive
Preston back jump
 Preston got 1st place on 1 meter
and 2nd place on 3 meter
 Stockton front dive pike 101B
 Stockton inward pike 401B
 Stockton 1 1/2 pike 103B
 Stockton inward 1/2 tuck 403C
 Stockton 2 1/2 tuck 105C
 Stockton back dive pike 201B
 Stockton 1 1/2 pike 103B
 Stockton 2 1/2 pike 105B
Look how folded over Stockton is on that last dive.  Amazing!  I absolutely love watching him dive.  It just took way too long today!  I hope Preston loves it as much as Stockton does.  There were a couple of reasons this meet lasted so long.  They were planning on having two judging tables.  One for three meter and one for one meter.  They couldn't do this because they didn't have enough judges. If they had this both three meter and one meter could be diving at the same time. The other reason it took forever was they had the Junior Olympic divers (Stockton) dive 11 dives on each board.  There were also at least twice as many divers at this meet then there were last year at this same meet.  Anyway, we survived.

We went to Sizzler after the meet to stuff our starving selves.  That food tasted delicious!

No comments: