Monday, November 14, 2016

Supermoon

The moon was supposed to be the closest to us that it has ever been in my lifetime.  It's not supposed to be this close until 2030 something. Mike and I got to see it on our way to exercising.  I took a blurry picture with my phone before it went away.
I ran downstairs to wake Preston up when I realized how low it was. He popped out of bed right away.  By the time we came back upstairs it was already behind some houses.  Luckily we were able to go outside and find it.  Preston would have been so sad to miss it!

Jorja and I had an appointment with her counselor today to plan for high school graduation.  It was about a 45 minute appointment.  I didn't learn too much since I have already been through a lot of the things with Maysen and Stockton.  Actually I was able to let her know that a few things have changed.  For example, the engineering pathway is different.  Stockton is on it.  There were supposed to be four concurrent enrollment classes at the end of that pathway.  Now there is only one.  Frustrating.  The questions I did have she didn't have the answers to.  I had questions about the Chinese program in high school. She didn't know how it was going to work.  It is hard because Jorja's grade is the first grade through the Chinese Immersion program in the district.  They keep changing what their plans are.  Jorja did mention that she isn't enjoying her orchestra as much as last time and her peer tutoring as much as she thought.  Jorja would have to go to pe if she got out of orchestra, so I don't think she is going to do that.  Peer tutoring hasn't been as fun for Jorja as it was for Stockton or Jorja's friends now.  Some of Jorja's friends do peer tutoring during the period that the kids work on social skills.  They get to play games most of the time. Jorja is assigned to help them with their English.  Not speaking, it is English like a regular class.  Jorja doesn't like that at all.  Too bad they can't mix it up a bit.

I took Stockton to diving today and Mike brought Jorja and Preston. They all had a great time.  Jorja and Preston started working on flips. Just doing it underwater.  They had fun with that.  Days that all three of the kids have diving are long.  I am gone for about 5 1/2 hours.  At least I get sewing and reading done.  I don't get as much now as I did a few weeks ago.  I stay in the car for the first hour of Stockton's class and come into the pool area at 4:00.  The parking people have started giving tickets to the divers and their parents.  This is not going to be as fun when it is cold outside!  Well, it's not fun to sit in the car for an hour as it is.....

No comments: