Thursday, November 10, 2016

Preston's Magic Birthday

Is that what it is called?  Preston turned 10 on the 10th.  I remember being so excited to turn 27 on the 27th.  I had to wait a lot longer for my magic birthday than Preston or Maysen.  Now all of my kids are double digits.  Weird.  Anyways, Mike and I woke up early this morning and assembled 32 gingerbread houses.  We have no idea how many kids will show up for the party tomorrow.  We want to be prepared just in case.  It does smell so good in our house right now.  Preston is really excited.
Gingerbread factory
I took Preston to school today.  I had forgot that we needed to bring birthday treats for school.  Preston understood.  After all, I had spent most of the last week and a half up to my elbows in gingerbread. Preston and I went to Smiths.  He got his free birthday cupcake and some mini cupcakes to hand out to his class.  He was a little late.  I walked him to his class.  The kids were so excited to see him and several yelled out, "Happy Birthday!"
Preston ~ 10 years old
Becky called and asked if I would like to go on a walk with her.  It was perfect timing.  It felt so good to destress and talk to her.  She bought tickets to Hong Kong this morning.  Becky and Bryce are taking their family there for Christmas.  Becky's parents live there on a church assignment right now.

Preston wanted crepes for dinner.  We haven't had those since Maysen left.  We had the rest of his mini cupcakes for his birthday cake.  He is getting a gigantic cake for his party tomorrow.  Preston received Webelos stuff, a game called Pandemic, a Mario Uno game, balloon rockets and an Amazon gift card from Papa and Cori.  Preston had Mike help him order Dominion Empires.  I had forgotten he really wanted that.  Oh well.  This worked out perfectly.

Preston had a pretty relaxing birthday.  We watched a little tv before everyone headed to bed.  Preston was excited to get to bed on time.  He is looking forward to his birthday party tomorrow!

No comments: