Friday, November 11, 2016

Preston's Gingerbread Party

Hooray!  We survived!  Preston's party is over and it went flawlessly.  I think I'll sleep for a week now!  Preston ended up having about twenty kids show up.  They decorated their houses for about an hour.
 Preston
The kids went outside and played around after they finished their houses.  I sent Jorja and Hailey outside to watch over them.  I found this video on my phone.  Jorja and Abel with a little bit of Paxton.  Silly Porge.
Preston was excited to pick out a Cold Stone cake.  We only went through half of the cake.  They will be eating the rest over the next week.  Pretty delicious.
Most of the kids were from Preston's Chinese class.  I think there were only two kids here who didn't know Chinese.  After singing Happy Birthday they asked if they could sing in Chinese.
Here are random houses.  I didn't take a picture of the kids with their houses this time.  This time we were all about survival.
 Paxton
Preston had a great time.  He also got a ton of presents.  Matthew was jealous because he only received gift cards at his party.  He said, "This is way better!"  Matthew had his party when we were in the cabin for the Cabin Temple open house.  Anyway, Preston was super happy with how everything turned out.  I am super happy that this is over!

Jorja had a young women sleepover indexing activity tonight.  She did not want to go.  I made her go and told her I would pick her up at 10:00.  Stockton and Preston have a diving competition we need to leave for early tomorrow morning.  Mike, Preston and I played Pandemic.  It was a lot of fun.  In this game everyone works together. Everyone wins or everyone loses.  We won.  We played another game with Stockton and we lost that one.  We haven't started playing 'for real' yet.  Once you do there are things that happen that change the game.  We want to have a solid foundation before we start doing things like that!

Other things that happened today:  I volunteered in Preston's class.  Maysen called me and we talked for awhile.  She thinks she figured out her schedule for next semester.  She is able to register on Wednesday I think.  She met with her counselor to make sure everything would work.  Her counselor encouraged her to go for a Creative Writing minor.  We didn't even know that existed at Utah State.  Apparently both a Creative Writing major and minor exist, they are just not listed. Wow!  That would be perfect for Maysen.  A Psychology major and Creative Writing minor.  That was the only thing I was disappointed about her decision for Utah State.  How amazing that this is offered! Fingers crossed and hoping everything goes smoothly!  My dad also came up to see Preston today.  He gave him a birthday card with a dollar bill for each year.  My dad also wrote to him in Chinese.  That was pretty cool.

What a day!  Fun to have days like this and fun for them to end!

No comments: