Monday, November 7, 2016

First B

I had a hard time sleeping last night.  I woke up around 1:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.  Super annoying, especially when you are planning on waking up at 4:15 to exercise.  I was really tired this morning, but at least I didn't faint during class.

Stockton's grades were posted on Friday.  I saw them after he left for Idaho.  Stockton has a 4.0.  This year he has five AP classes and two concurrent enrollment classes.  I have been sick about his AP Physics with Calculus class.  Until Friday afternoon it said he had 100%.  All that was in was his disclosure statement and lab contracts.  I had no idea what his grades were.  This is a new teacher so I have no idea how he grades.  Anyways, on Friday I finally saw Stockton's grades.  He had all As except an A- in AP Psychology and a B in Physics.  I wasn't sure if the A- was final because there were things that weren't in.  When Maysen had this teacher he would take forever to put the grades in. This morning we looked at Skyward.  It still said Stockton had an A-, but his grade was 98%.  Yay!  I think the teacher has to fill out some paper to get his grade up to an A.  The physics grade is so disappointing.  Stockton worked so hard in that class.  The teacher grades the tests like the AP test will be graded.  I think this will help them in the long run, but the short run ruined his gpa.  Another thing that was frustrating was the last test Stockton took only had three questions.  They were super hard questions.  Stockton said he thought about just setting them all up, but he ended up skipping the second question completely and spending half of the class on question three. When the teacher graded the test he decided to only grade the first two questions.  As a result Stockton got five out of twenty five.  I'm sure he has never had a test so low.  That is why he got a B in this class. Frustrating!  Stockton still does have a small chance to pull off a 4.0. This teacher said that if they score a 5 on the AP test he will go back and fill out the paperwork to change every grade to an A.  Now Stockton needs a 5.  Talk about pressure!

Tomorrow is election day.  My vote went to Evan McMullin for president.  I received a lot o flack for that, but I am excited about voting for him.  I did not want to vote for Donald Trump and I did not vote for Hillary Clinton.  I was told many times that I was throwing away my vote.  I thought that voting for Trump or Clinton would be throwing away my vote because it would be a vote for Trump or Clinton.  I would love McMullin to win Utah.  I'm worried that too many people are going to be scared and vote for Trump anyway.  That will make Utah completely irrelevant in all future elections.   Best case scenario would be McMullin wins Utah, neither Trump or Clinton reach 270.  Then the House of Representatives would pick out of the top 3.  McMullin would have a real shot there.  I doubt the house would vote for Clinton because it would most likely still be controlled by republicans.  I bet Democrats would be more likely to vote for McMullin than Trump.  I doubt this scenario would happen, but it would be awesome.  Plus, it would be fun to read about in the history books.  Even if McMullin wins Utah, Hillary Clinton most likely will be well over 270.  Donald Trump is that bad.  He is an embarrassment to the republican party. Hopefully McMullin's showing will be enough to start a new political party.  One that is not lead by corrupt politicians.

Awhile ago the vice president of the Utah republican party shared an offensive satire on Facebook.  He compared McMullin supporters to the Zoramites saying their prayer on the Rameumptom.  I was so offended.  I rarely post when I don't know the people, but I posted on this one.  I said, "What facts are you giving?  Comparing the McMullin supporters to the Zoramites is ridiculous and offensive."  This guy, Phill Wright, wrote back with very anti-Mormon stuff.  I couldn't believe it! He is the vice president of Utah's republican party?  I want OUT!  I tried to show it to Matt, but couldn't get ahold of him.  By the time I did the idiot had deleted the post.  I wish I had taken a picture of it. Anyways, it will be nice to have the election over.

I have been talking to Maysen lately.  We are trying to get her schedule figured out for next semester. We have a plan that will work, but hopefully she can get all of her classes.  One of the classes only takes twelve people.  Luckily that is not one that she needs this semester. Her two psychology classes she needs to take so she can be admitted to the program.  She can't take anymore psychology classes without taking those two.  (Psychology as a Profession and Psychological Statistics) Anyways, each class has 100 spots, but they are only offered once. Hopefully she can get both of them!

No comments: